Working with Page Include components

We are building a complex Skuid page that utilizes an 8-step wizard. We have exceeded the character limit on Skuid and are considering the creation of a page include component for each wizard step. However, each step of the wizard has some sort of dependency on other steps. For instance, Form component A in wizard step 2 should only be visible if the ‘ABC’ value was selected in a multi-select picklist on Form component A in wizard step 1.

Additionally, we are facing difficulties regarding the validation of the entire Digital Form before submitting it for approval. Presently, we have implemented a validation mechanism that verifies the completion of required fields in all wizard steps. If any errors are encountered during this validation process, it prevents further progress.

We are unsure how to address these challenges if we opt for page include components. These issues have become a blocker for us, any hints would be very helpful.

One idea:
You can pass url parameters into page includes. You could pass in parameters indicating which optional components to render.

2 Likes

I’m going to start by questioning the premise. Have you explored why your 8 step wizard is now exceeding the maximum size for a skuid page? A few thoughts.

1. Have you moved inline JS to a static resource?
  2. If there are any inline styles - move those to the design system.
  3. Clean up your XML - remove unecessary models, fields, wrapping components etc.

Having said that - we recognize there are good reasons for this sort of modular development.

We are working on methods of allowing page includes to better interact with their parent pages. I think this could handle situations like validation, dependencies etc. You should contact support about doing some enablement work to see if your scenario is a good candidate for this new development.

Also - if your validation structure might be rearchitected so its server side, and not in JS. Each page could contribute its values to the validity score - and high level progress and submit actions could be gated by this server side validity score.

Those are some initial thoughts. Let me know what you think.

1 Like