Update dropdown list dynamically

All

I am trying to create a table that has two fields, ‘Item Type’ and Material #.   The ‘Item Type’ field is a standard picklist.  The ‘Material #’ field is a lookup to a custom Saleforce object.  I would like to limit the values displayed in the Material # field based on what was entered in the ‘Item Type’ field.  So the options displayed under ‘Material #’ would have to change dynamically based on what is selected in the ‘Item Type’ field.   I tried creating a filter but I am not having any luck.  Any suggestions? 

From the screenshot, I assume that you have a custom object named Pump with custom fields Item_Type__c, Material__c and Quantity__c.

You would need to set up a lookup filter on the Material field similar to this:

Item_Type__c = the value of the 'Item_Type__c' field from the current row

Hope this helps.

Hi Irvin

You are correct, I have a field called Item_Type__c (Picklist) and a field called Material__c which is a lookup the the Salesforce Product table.  The product table has a custom field called Pump_Proposal_Type__c which is a multiselect picklist populated with fields that are included in the Item_Type__c field.  I have the following field Filter configured for the Material__c field but it does not seem to work.  It appears to load the values once when the model loads but does not change when the Item_Type__c picklist is changed.   (Hopefully that makes some kind of sense)

Yes, makes sense.  

I have a similar use case where I use a single-select picklist and it works.  I have not tried using a multi-select picklist.  Let me give it a try – it will need to be later today before I can reply, however.

That will be very interesting as it seems like the ‘includes’  in the filter above does not work correctly.   I get different results when I change it to ‘=’.

In any case, thank you very much for your assistance.

Jeff,

It does seem to work for me.

1. Created a custom object, Pump

1. Create new multi-select picklist on Product2 object

1. Create a new Skuid page for Pumps

1. Notice that Material lookup is filtered by Item Type

Where the filter is defined as follows:

If I am not mistaken, this is what you were trying to do?

Here’s the XML:

<skuidpage unsavedchangeswarning="yes" showsidebar="true" showheader="true" tabtooverride="Pump__c">   <models>
      <model id="Pump" limit="100" query="true" createrowifnonefound="false" sobject="Pump__c">
         <fields>
            <field id="Name"/>
            <field id="CreatedDate"/>
            <field id="Description__c"/>
            <field id="Item_Type__c"/>
            <field id="Material__c"/>
            <field id="Material__r.Name"/>
            <field id="Material__r.Pump_Proposal_Type__c"/>
         </fields>
         <conditions/>
         <actions/>
      </model>
   </models>
   <components>
      <pagetitle model="Pump">
         <maintitle>
            <template>{{Model.labelPlural}}</template>
         </maintitle>
         <subtitle>
            <template>Home</template>
         </subtitle>
         <actions/>
      </pagetitle>
      <skootable showconditions="true" showsavecancel="true" searchmethod="server" searchbox="true" showexportbuttons="false" pagesize="10" createrecords="true" model="Pump" mode="read">
         <fields>
            <field id="Name" allowordering="true" valuehalign="" type=""/>
            <field id="Item_Type__c" valuehalign="" type=""/>
            <field id="Material__c" valuehalign="" type="" allowordering="true" optionsource="" displaytemplate="{{Name}} - {{Pump_Proposal_Type__c}}">
               <filters>
                  <filter type="dependent" operator="includes" field="Pump_Proposal_Type__c" value="" enclosevalueinquotes="true" depfield="Item_Type__c"/>
               </filters>
               <searchfields>
                  <searchfield query="true" return="true" show="true" field="Name" operator="contains"/>
                  <searchfield query="true" return="true" show="true" field="Pump_Proposal_Type__c" operator="contains"/>
               </searchfields>
            </field>
            <field id="Description__c" valuehalign="" type=""/>
            <field id="CreatedDate" allowordering="true"/>
         </fields>
         <rowactions>
            <action type="edit"/>
            <action type="delete"/>
         </rowactions>
         <massactions usefirstitemasdefault="true">
            <action type="massupdate"/>
            <action type="massdelete"/>