table date filter - selection off by 1 day

Using the Table Filter Date Range, the date selected does not match the date used.  The field is a Date/Time field and I’m certain the 1 day offset has to do with UTR time, but don’t know what options are available to make the selection date match the filter date…

Please see snapshot showing date variances in a simple test skuid page.

This is pretty strange…

Would you mind giving us login rights to your org so we can take a look at what is going on?   Here is how: 1. Use this tutorial to give us login rights: http://help.skuidify.com/m/getting-started/l/182412-getting-help-how-to-grant-skuid-login-rights-to-…

2. Then send an email to support@skuidify.com  with your org Id and the name of the page where the problem is happening. 

We’ll see what’s going on…

Thanks Ralph.  This looks like a bug with the way DateTime fields are used in Date Range filters.  We’ll dig a little harder.  Stay tuned. 

OK.  I’ve hit this in apex programming before and am going from memory.  System.Now() correctly creates a date (and time) using UTR and the profile time zone information.  System.Date() creates a date with a time of Midnight.  It then applies the time zone offset (-5 hours) to adjust for location.  This gives the -1 day variance…  Hope this helps…

Thanks for reporting this.  I’ve got it fixed in our dev environment.  This fix will be in our next patch release.

This has been fixed in Skuid 6.8.8 available on the Skuid Releases page.

http://www.skuidify.com/skuidreleases

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Perfect thank you.  I will test as soon as the client updates to the newest release and let you know!  Thanks for the fast response time addressing this post.

Is there any way to default just the Time portion on a Date/Time field?

I’m running into an issue related to this right now - we have a Track Time object that has either Start and End Date/Times, or if it’s a Manual Track Time, it has Date field. The “Date” field is actually just the End Date/Time with a custom label. It defaults to 12am. However, it’s showing as the previous day for reports and filters. We really only care per month results, so it’s only affected us for Track Times that occur on the first of the month - reporting makes it look like it was last month.

If the End Time is 9/1/2015 at 1:00am then it counts in September, but at 12:59am it counts in August.

Does someone not have daylight savings applied in their computer’s settings?  A one hour offset in time zone is usually due to somthing like that… 

Worse than that, our Company Profile was set to a default time zone of Central Standard (El Salvador) instead of Central Daylight (Chicago). Nice catch, thanks!!

Whoo.  In December I’m sure you’d rather be in El Salvador.  But in early September - not so much…