Popup Field Editors failing to display records with or without Context set - 9.5.3

Global action to popup to create row on same model and another row on model that is a junction to it. Setting the default value for lookup on the junction row to the first row in first model. Everything should be good to go. Models show everything is appropriately setup. Popup is wonky.

I see the same thing if I set it up like you do. 

However, it appears that I can trick it.

If I set “create new models” first, then put “show popup”, it seems like context carries over and I only see one. 
If I set “show popup” first, then put “create new models”, I see all of them and I can choose whether I would want to see it on top or bottom.

Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally for PEMDAS order of operations. I had no idea that this is how this works.

Let me know if you get what you want by switching the order.

What do you mean by " I can choose whether I would want to see it on top or bottom."?

I’ve tried changing up the order. Without Context, I get one expected behaviour for the master record. That is to say all the master records from the main table are displayed in a repeating field editor.

Can you send me the XML for the page you  created.

Sure thing.

By “add it to the top or bottom” I mean:

And the XML I’m rolling on uses custom objects but you should still see my set up. If you need one with standard objects, just let me know. I’d be happy to make it for you.


I have the new rows created at the top of the model.

This works fine when I’ve just the one record being created. It’s when I create an additional record on a child related object and show a field editor for both records.

I was able to add a child related object and show a field editor for both records (the XML is below)

Are you wanting to add a new child record but not add a new parent record? Are you wanting to pass context into the child record? I think I’m mixed up on what you’re wanting.


No dice with this config.

<skuidpage unsavedchangeswarning="yes" personalizationmode="server" showsidebar="true" useviewportmeta="true" showheader="true"> <models> <model id="Accounts" limit="20" query="true" createrowifnonefound="false" datasource="salesforce" type="" sobject="Account"> <fields> <field id="Name"/> <field id="Id"/> </fields> <conditions/> <actions/> </model> <model id="Contact" limit="20" query="false" createrowifnonefound="false" datasource="salesforce" type="" sobject="Contact"> <fields> <field id="AccountId"/> <field id="Account.Name"/> <field id="Name"/> </fields> <conditions/> <actions/> </model> </models> <components> <skootable showconditions="true" showsavecancel="true" showerrorsinline="true" searchmethod="server" searchbox="true" showexportbuttons="false" pagesize="10" createrecords="true" model="Accounts" buttonposition="" mode="read" allowcolumnreordering="true" uniqueid="sk-1Ozahe-120"> <fields> <field id="Name" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-1O_5eY-218"/> </fields> <rowactions> <action type="edit"/> <action type="delete"/> </rowactions> <massactions usefirstitemasdefault="true"> <action type="massupdate"/> <action type="massdelete"/> </massactions> <views> <view type="standard"/> </views> <actions defaultlabel="Global Actions" defaulticon="sk-icon-magic" usefirstitemasdefault="true"> <action type="multi" label="Create Account and Contact" icon="sk-icon-add"> <actions> <action type="showPopup"> <popup title="New Popup" width="90%"> <components> <basicfieldeditor showheader="true" showsavecancel="true" showerrorsinline="true" model="Accounts" buttonposition="" uniqueid="sk-1O_EN8-238" mode="read" layout=""> <columns> <column width="100%"> <sections> <section title="Section A" collapsible="no" showheader="false"> <fields> <field id="Name" valuehalign="" type="" uniqueid="fi-1O_zaq-325"/> </fields> </section> </sections> </column> </columns> <conditions> <condition type="contextrow" field="Id" mergefield="Id" operator="="/> </conditions> </basicfieldeditor> <basicfieldeditor showheader="true" showsavecancel="true" showerrorsinline="true" model="Contact" buttonposition="" uniqueid="sk-1O_Kxf-261" mode="read"> <columns> <column width="100%"> <sections> <section title="Section A" collapsible="no" showheader="false"> <fields> <field id="AccountId" showhelp="true" valuehalign="" type="" uniqueid="fi-1O_zaq-326"/> <field id="Name" valuehalign="" type="" uniqueid="fi-1O_zaq-327"/> </fields> </section> </sections> </column> </columns> <conditions> <condition type="contextrow" field="AccountId" mergefield="Id" operator="="/> </conditions> </basicfieldeditor> </components> </popup> </action> <action type="createRow" model="Accounts" appendorprepend="prepend" defaultmodefornewitems="edit" affectedrows="context"/> <action type="createRow" model="Contact" appendorprepend="prepend" defaultmodefornewitems="edit" affectedrows="context"> <defaults> <default type="fieldvalue" field="AccountId" enclosevalueinquotes="true" value="{{$Model.Accounts.data.0.Id}}"/> </defaults> </action> </actions> </action> </actions> </skootable> </components> <resources> <labels/> <javascript/> <css/> </resources> <styles> <styleitem type="background" bgtype="none"/> </styles> </skuidpage> 

No matter how I slice it, I cannot bring myself to calling this anything other than an issue for the devs to tackle. Thank you for the reproduction page. In toying with it, I can formulate a bit of progress but nothing that I would call satisfactory. I’ll notify this post when the issue has been resolved.