ATTENTION: Prepare for the End of Redirections for Legacy Salesforce URLs

I just got an email from Salesforce titled the same as the title in this post; the email indicated that redirections are going to be phased out and no longer supported.

Details:
https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.domain_name_redirections_non_enhanced.htm&type=5

One of the items they mention is “*.force.com” hostnames.

I’m currently running my Salesforce UI completely through SKUID, so my URLs currently look like “https://mysite--skuid.vf.force.com/apex/skuid__ui?page=PageName

Do I need to worry about this? Is this going to be affected by this change?

A linked article ( Help And Training Community ) said that I can disable my redirects in the My Domain settings to see how this change would affect me when Salesforce forces the redirects disabled. I did so, and was unaffected. I’m not sure if I am totally understanding this though because the previous article did seem to mention that “*.force.com” URLs are being phased out.

Any information SKUID has on this topic would be beneficial.

Thanks!

Looks like you can temporarily disable forwarding for testing:

To disable these redirections for testing purposes, use an option in the Redirections section of the My Domain page and test. For more information, see Disable Redirections for Your Previous Force.com Site URLs. For the replacement format for each of these hostnames, see My Domain URL Format Changes When You Enable Enhanced Domains. To better understand the purpose of each hostname type and whether it applies to you, see My Domain Hostnames.

Here are the *.force.com site hostnames for a production org that are temporarily redirected after you enable and deploy enhanced domains.

• ExperienceCloudSiteSubdomain.force.com
  • SitesSubdomainName.force.com
  • SitesSubdomainName.secure.force.com

Here are the .*force.com site hostnames for a sandbox that are temporarily redirected after you enable and deploy enhanced domains.

• SandboxName-ExperienceCloudSiteSubdomain.InstanceName.force.com
  • SandboxName-SitesSubdomainName.InstanceName.force.com
1 Like