Apply filter on lookup field immediately?

I have two lookup fields on my Skuid page. The first looks up to an Account. The second looks up to a junction object that references the Account in field #1. I have a filter on field #2 - it is designed to only show the junction objects that reference the Account in field #1.

Field #2 is the problem. The filter works fine on page load, but I’d like it to work as soon as Field #1 is populated. I have tried using a separate model that I query, and then filter on that… but it’s not working out. I’m wondering if anyone has ideas and perhaps an example that I can reference!

Here is a stab at an example page that I hope is close enough to your situation that it can be helpful.

I’m using the AccountContactRole object that has lookups both to Account and Contact.
In the form to create a new ACR Record i’ve added a filter on the Contact field that only retrieves contacts that have the Account that has previously been identified for the ACR. (This is probably not very realistic - but its what the data model allowed). The key is using the “Lookup filter” on the Contact field of the type “Another field on row”

I’ve also added an enable condition so you can’t choose the Contact until the Account is selected.

Please note: I tried this first with a UI Only model that had references to both the SF Account and Contact objects. I could not get this to work. Something is broken with our UI Only reference fields. You’ll have to do this against a real Salesforce object.

Please let me know if this helps…

ReferenceFIlters.xml (3.7 KB)

@Rob_Hatch , thank you so much! That did the trick. I think my issue was that my filter was using “field from another model” and I was re-referencing my original model… rather than using “another field on row.” Makes sense that the model filter wasn’t working because changes hadn’t yet been committed… but the changes are available at the row level.

Anyhow, thanks for sending along the example and setting me straight!

Glad you got it working.