Vote via Ideas object on Skuid Page error

Lou,

Athough I don’t know the standard Salesforce functionality of these objects, I’ve figured out some things about the Vote, Idea, and IdeaComment objects in my exploring. I was able to reproduce your error when I tried to create a new record on a Vote model connected to an idea. However, when I created a new record in Vote based on an idea comment it saved (by connected I mean in the parentid field of the Vote object). In Salesforce can you vote on an idea or only idea comments?
You might be able to use a custom field renderer to show the vote type picklist. The values are there; they just don’t show. You can see the Vote Type picklist values in Chrome console using skuid.model.map(), looking at the Vote object, and then looking under fieldsMap -> Type -> picklistEntries. This community post deals with a custom picklist renderer, as does this one. Since your values in the picklist are present, but oddly blank, you’ll probably have to follow the example of the first tutorial and create a new picklist value set (instead of just adding on to the current set). 

Thanks!
Amy