Visualforce de-reference null object error when calling apex:actionFunction with included Skuid pag

In the latest Superbank release (6.8.17) we’ve just found an unusual de-referencing null object error that is affecting some critical functionality we’ve been using for a couple years which doesn’t happen in the earliest stable version of Skuid that we have in production (4.15.12).

We have an important VF page that uses the skuid:page tag as well as apex:actionFunction calls to allow us to call Apex server functions from our VF/Skuid user interface. It worked fine in 4.15.12 but somewhere in the Superbank releases this functionality has broken and causes an internal (skuid) de-reference error which doesn’t appear in our debug logs so we can’t debug it:

“Attempt to de-reference a null object — An unexpected error has occurred. Your solution provider has been notified. (skuid)”

We’ve managed to isolate the error in a simple VF/Skuid page so you can see the issue and hopefully let us know if there’s a fix or workaround. If you create and run the following small VF page (below) and click on the “De-reference error” link at the top of the page you will see the error. Under 6.8.17 it fails but under 4.15.12 it’s fine (sorry we can’t give you a more precise release version but we don’t have any other environments with older Skuid versions).

Any help would be appreciated, we’ve been working for months to try and get Superbank into production but minor Skuid issues and iOS 8 iPad issues have prevented us so far. 6.8.17 seems to resolve a number of minor issues that have been troubling us and this issue looks like the last one so hopefully this will be it.

Thanks,
Stephen

<apex:page showHeader="false" sidebar="false">

<apex:form> <apex:actionFunction name="deref_error"/> </apex:form> <a href="#" onclick="deref_error();">De-reference error</a> <skuid:page page="SkuidCentral"/> </apex:page>

Hi Stephen,

We are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it. We will let you know as soon as we have a fix.

Zach

This will be fixed as of Superbank Patch 8, which is not available yet but should be soon.

Nice one Zach, thanks again for the quick turnaround and top service. We’ll plan for Patch 8 release as soon as it’s ready then. Cheers

This has been fixed as of Superbank Patch 8, which is now available from the Skuid Releases page.

I am having the same issue. Do I need to download this Patch even though I have Banzai?

Is this the same issue you put up the other topic about?  Or are you getting a specific error message? 

All the goodness of Patch 8 should be included in Banzai.  If this is a different issuen than what you also posted we’ll want to take a broader look at it. 

It is the same issue…I will respond in the other post.