VF page not re-directing non-Skuid users

I am right on the cusp of rolling out our first Skuid page and keep hitting a wall when it comes to page assignments… I have pre-built everything in our Sandbox and it is all working but when I move to production the ‘Insufficient Privileges’ error comes up for non-skuid users where it did not in the Sandbox.

Here’s what I have so far…please help!

VF Page:
I have created a VF page for the ‘view’ action for Account objects based on the skuid:page VF component tutorial. Working beautifully in the Sandbox.

Security on the page has been updated to include the profile of my two test users.

Code:

<apex:page standardController="Account" extensions="skuid.Redirects" showHeader="true" sidebar="false" readonly="true" docType="html-5.0" action="{!IF(canUseSkuid,'',redirect)}" title="{!Account.Name}"> <skuid:page objectType="Account" actionType="View" /> </apex:page>

Page Assignments:
One org wide page assignment to assign standard pages for the Account view
Two user specific page assignments to display the skuid page for the Account view
The org wide assignment precedes the skuid assignments though there are two assignment rules below it for a separate, custom object.

Permissions/Licensing:
My two test users have the permission set and skuid licenses, no one else does.

Page Sharing Setting:
I have set the sharing setting on the Page object to public read
The rest of our org is pretty flat with public read/write on most objects including Accounts and Contacts.
I also manually shared the page itself with the two users

I overrode the View action on the Account object then logged-in as a non-skuid user and tried to view an account page and got the ‘Insufficient Privileges’ error. Everything else is aligned to the Accounts object **caveat: we are on Person Accounts :slight_smile:

Thoughts?

Stephanie,

Check the security on your VF page.  Make sure that all of your users can see it.

Thanks,

Bill  

Hi Bill - I’ve set the security so that only the users who should see the custom page can see it. Should it be open to everyone?

Thanks!

Yes.  The VF page really should be provided to ALL your org users - or at least anyone who will use that object / action combination will need access to that page so that the appropriate page assignment rules can be run.  Since it only is a wrapper for that page assignment redirect it does not present a security risk. 

IT’S ALIIIIVE!!! Thanks so much! :slight_smile: