using a table with a many-to-many relationship

I have a many to many relationship between two objects with bridge object.

A -> B <- C

I’ve created a table, with object B as my source. I want to display the name from object A, and the attachment Id, from object C.

However, for every Id in object C, I will get a new line item repeating the name in object A.

The question is, I would like one line item for each name in object A, with a way either of expanding the line or hover-over, to show the associated Ids in object C. Does anyone know how to go about doing that?

To help visualize…

Currently the table is like…

- ObjectA.Name1   |   ObjectC.AttachmentId1
- ObjectA.Name1   |   ObjectC.AttachmentId2
- ObjectA.Name1   |   ObjectC.AttachmentId3
- ObjectA.Name2   |   ObjectC.AttachmentId1
- ObjectA.Name2   |   ObjectC.AttachmentId2
- ObjectA.Name2   |   ObjectC.AttachmentId3
- ObjectA.Name3   |   ObjectC.AttachmentId1
- ObjectA.Name3   |   ObjectC.AttachmentId2
- ObjectA.Name3   |   ObjectC.AttachmentId3

I would like it to expand and collapse like…

+ObjectA.Name1   |  ObjectC.Attachment1
                                   |  ObjectC.Attachment2
                                   |  ObjectC.Attachment3
- ObjectA.Name2   |
- ObjectA.Name3   |

Thanks!!!

Sean,

Create a model on Object A and add a Child Relationship field to your junction object.  You can then display every attachment id for each Object A in one column.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill’s solution should work or for something more dynamic you could use a drawer to display your Attachement Id’s, but you would have to open the drawer of each row to see the attachments. Page Not Found — Skuid v15.1.6 Documentation

I’ve been struggling to implement the two suggestions above. Since it is a many-to-many relationship, both object A and C are parents of object B. Does that prevent me from pulling items from object C, if Object A is the source for my table?

Bill and Raymond, I appreciate the time and assistance on this one.

1. When you are setting up object B in Salesforce, you can create a formula field and set it equal to a field from the parent C. That has the effect of putting fields from C in B so that you can display them from A. (Hope that makes sense. 2) for bill’s suggestion, you would need to use the child relationship field options in Skuid from a model based on A after completing step 1 above. 3) if you want to do a drawer as I suggested, you would use two separate models instead of using the child relationship fields. You would make the table based on A. Add a row action of drawer. In the drawer, add another table linked to a model on object B after having completed step 1 above. You can find tutorials by googling “Skuid drawer”, “Skuid child relationship”, and/or “Salesforce junction object”

Thanks so much!!! That worked for me. I am still a newbie.

Your help is greatly appreciated as always