Superbank 6.7 not installing

Unfortunately looks like this isn’t working either — Greg has confirmed that a manual install does not work, and we’ve tried doing a Push Upgrade as well, which also is not working. When we do a Push Upgrade, the upgrade just runs and runs with no status messages — it never succeeds, and it never fails. I started a push upgrade to 6.7 on one customer’s org the other night, and after 2 days it had done nothing.

So basically, this is Salesforce’s problem, and we are waiting to hear back from them — after several Cases have been logged, and several phone calls, we have no answers from Salesforce.

Yeah, I tried installing too and I got the same issue.  Level 3 support never called me back today either so we are just waiting.

Has anyone managed to delete and install fresh (archiving my pages first, of course) on na23?

I’m not that brave :)  Let me know how it goes though!  :wink:

Good news! We finally got a resolution from Salesforce Support — they ran a fix on their end, and the issue appears to be resolved!

Greg, Rich, and Griffin, we have successfully pushed version 6.8.1 (the latest version of Superbank) to your orgs, so you should be all set!

Woo Hoo!  Thanks for the good work Zach.  Thanks to all of you residents of NA23 for your patience.  

Thank you for going to bat for us to come up with a speedy resolution! It is refreshing to partner with a company that is so customer centric. My instance is working great now and I got to delve into charts and graphs last night. Thank you!

Awesome!  I’m now trying to figure out how to make my table headers sticky…

Ahh…   actually, it looks like the push didn’t work.  Still sitting at 5.21.8 :frowning:

Greg, maybe we got the wrong org url for you guys, can you try manually installing from the Skuid Releases page?

Awesomeness…!  Thanks Zach

Level 3 support got back to me today. . .  :)  I will tell them the issue was resolved.  Can I just say how grateful I am to have a Skuid team that goes behind the scenes and goes the extra mile to make sure their customers are taken care.  Makes you feel good to be a customer that matters.  Thank you Skuid!