SkuidLightningController error when loading skuid page via lightning component

I have a Skuid page which is throwing an error when the page is loaded, and the error only occurs when a non-admin user loads the page (i.e. it works fine for me). The error message is:

“Uncaught Error happened when processing action responses [Cannot read property ‘addProblem’ of undefined
Callback failed: apex://skuid.SkuidLightningController/ACTION$load]”

Some additional notes on how the page is deployed:

• deployed via Lightning Component inside a record detail page
  • a lightning event is published after the page is loaded
  • skuid theme files have been updated today
  • we are running Millau 11.0.3
  • page support files have been generated

lightning component below:

<component implements="flexipage:availableForRecordHome,lightning:actionOverride,force:hasRecordId,force:hasSObjectName" access="global">

<renderif istrue="{!v.showSpinner}">       
   <spinner variant="brand" size="large"></spinner>     
</renderif>
<page page="pageNameGoesHere" id="{!v.recordId}"></page> 

</div> 

Gah, that’s a bug. You should be seeing a red Skuid page problem message, not a Lightning error. Bleh…

Anyhow, the root issue is that there’s a problem with some part of the loading of Models in your page. Maybe the user doesn’t have permission to query some of the objects you’re accessing, or there’s a sharing error, something like that perhaps. So our goal is: figure out what that Model issue is.

First off — does this only happen in Lightning Experience? Does the issue happen if the user previews the page from Visualforce? e.g. by going to /apex/skuid__UI?page=ThePageName ??? If it does, then you should see a red page problem in the Visualforce runtime, which should help you sort this out.

If not, and you have to debug this from Lightning Experience, then here’s some things you can do:

(1) Remove Models from the page until it stops happening 
(2) Go into the JavaScript console and try to inspect the Models to see if you can find an error message.

If you have to debug this from within the JavaScript console in Lightning Experience ( wish there was a better way…), here’s what you can do: In the console, enter the following:

$A.getEvt(“skuid:apiDebugRequested”).fire();

This should return a Skuid API object. You can right-click on this object and “Store as a global variable”. you should see something like “temp1” show up in the console. Then you can enter:

temp1.model.map()

This gives you a “map” of all Models in the page. If the map doesn’t contain the models that you were expecting, you probably have multiple Skuid Pages present in your Lightning Experience. IN that case you can specify exactly which page you want to debug by doing this:

$A.getEvt(“skuid:apiDebugRequested”).setParams({ page: “MyPageName” }).fire();

(replacing “MyPageName” with the name of the Skuid Page that is causing the issue)

Once you’ve got a reference to the Model you think is the problem, you can look at the model’s “debug” or “soql” properties to see if there is anything helpful there, such as a query error message.

I think we might be getting somewhere. The offender seems to be custom Salesforce action buttons. Once I remove these from the page (I had a number of them on 2 separate models) it loaded fine for the user.

So it appears to be a permissions issue that is preventing them from accessing those custom Salesforce buttons, however the page loads fine when deployed via a visualforce page.

One note which may or may not be relevant, I am testing this using the admin function to ‘login as another user’ (the user is in a different location and time zone to me so this is the easiest way to test).

Ah, Custom Buttons! That is definitely something to work with. 

Most of these buttons interact with Drawloop (document generation) - do you suggest we try and rebuild them with Skuid buttons? The advantage of having the Salesforce button is that it can invoke visualforce pages which invoke controllers that sit within the drawloop package.

Zach and Greg,
Having this same issue. Custom SF button on a page in LEX. Is this fixed or what was the fix here?

We have been able to reproduce the problem you are experiencing and our developers have made progress in identifying a solution. We will update this post when a future release addressing this bug is available. Thanks for alerting us of this bug and helping make Skuid better!

Hello Skuid Community ~

This has been addressed in the new Millau 11.2.0 release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page.

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.

This issue was posted two years ago and here we are experiencing this problem with skuid Spark 12.2.10.  Anyone without a skuid license who is accessing a lightning page that contains a skuid table wrapped in the skuid component is experiencing this error.  It happens in our production org but not our sandbox org.  I have the skuid theme set to the lightning theme but this is making no difference.  I don’t know what else to do to fix this problem.

Hi Joan,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re running into this error. The error message ‘cannot read property ____ of undefined’ can be triggered by a number of issues, so any specifics you can share would be helpful. Can you share the specific error message you’re seeing? Also, can you check to see if the affected users (those who don’t have the Skuid license) don’t have any Skuid permission sets? Let me know if they doand if so, does removing those permissions resolve the issue?