SKUID Page in Service Cloud Console - javascript within the actions of a button that would close the

I have a pretty straightforward use case idea, just missing this last piece of info. Within the service cloud app, I want my users on a case creating a record as a related item (lets call that record a Case Note). They would do this through the related list section, clicking new record. I would have a SKUID page override for this Case Note object, and the user would essentially fill out fields pertaining to that note. This record would open as a sub-tab. At the end of the process, the user would click a “save & close” button with embedded actions that would save the record and close the sub-tab, and refresh the primary tab.

I can’t quite figure out how to “save & close” button in the last step. I don’t really have a javascript background, and I believe that would be the only way to achieve this. If anyone has thoughts, ideas, or suggestions, would love to hear them. Thank you #SKUIDNATION

Was able to achieve this if I put the code below on the apex page and run it via a button, but not sure why the same javascript wouldn’t work as in-line (Snippet) in SKUID?

function closeTab() {
        console.log(‘init’);
        if (sforce.console.isInConsole()) {
            sforce.console.getEnclosingPrimaryTabId(showTabId);
        }
    }
    var showTabId = function showTabId(result) 
    {
        var tabId = result.id;
        sforce.console.refreshPrimaryTabById(tabId , true, refreshSuccess);
    };

var refreshSuccess = function refreshSuccess(result) {
        if (result.success === true) {
            console.log(‘2’);
            sforce.console.getEnclosingTabId(closeSubtab);
        } else {
            //any code
        }
    }; 
    var closeSubtab = function closeSubtab(result) {
        var tabId = result.id;
        console.log(‘1’);
        sforce.console.closeTab(tabId);
    }; 

Glad you were able to find a solution. 

yes, not ideal but it is functional. Hoping someone with the javascript knowledge can tell me what I am doing wrong here that wouldnt make the code work in SKUID.