Skuid not loading / blank page

I’ve had an issue that has happened in several different orgs lately. A user will go to a skuid page and it will just be blank. Nothing happens. Looking at the console, there is an error saying 'Failed to read large IndexedDB value".

I have found this is a cookie issue, I suspect related to upgrades, but not positive. Regardless, the solution is to clear your cookie for the page:

Delete specific cookies

On your computer, open Chrome

1. .
  2. At the top right, click More. Settings.

Under “Privacy and security,” click Cookies and other site

1. data.

Click See all cookies and site

1. data.

At the top right, search for the website’s

1. name.

To the right of the site, click Remove

1. .

This has fixed in on two different orgs for the users that were seeing it. It took me some time to isolate the issue, so I wanted to share the solution and let Skuid prod dev know it’s an issue.

This problem cropped up with the latest Chrome release. We are working to address it from our side, but also expect Chrome to fix it on their end. A patch release will be available next week that will fix the problem.

In the mean time you can remove cookies, or remove IndexDb entries (in the applications tab of your developer console).

Thanks for posting your workaround.

Thank you for your patience! Skuid has addressed the indexedDB issue as of versions 12.4.14 and above. Install links for the latest versions of Skuid are available on the Skuid Releases page.

Best practices for upgrading can be found in Upgrading Skuid on Salesforce. As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes after you upgrade. Please let us know if you continue to encounter any problems with this issue after upgrading.

Thanks again for alerting us of this issue!