I’d like to create a model service using salesforce REST API to upload files to salesforce on a force.com site page.
I have seen Greg’s post about using Form Assembly to upload files, but I need to upload files to a new record and field level attachments via skuid_image__c object.
I have also seen that there is likely an apex/vf solution, but again I’d like to avoid using such.
Here’s what I’d like to do.
- web-to-contact skuid page w/ attachments
- use the skuid__image__c object to create a model for each of my field level attachments to precreate/save placeholder records for all my field level skuid attachment.
- reference each of these models as defaults for my new contact field level file attachments
- use this model service REST API to be able to upload both record and field level attachments. I’d have a model for each field level attachment and one for the record level attachments.
- using another outside app, like formassembly.com, to patch together a solution.
- using apex/vf.
- Is this possible?
- How is the model service setup?
- Can you provide a sample page for this? I’ll cash in all my community points for this one.