I have a Opportunities that my team is working and what I would like to do it have a button that says “Called” or “emailed” and when clicked it would create and activity on the record with a pre-written subject and status. This way the last activity date field gets updated on the opp and I can also allow f the r team to quickly mark opps. as Called or sent an email rather than the other traditional way of doing all the clicking. Is this possibel and how do I make this happen please?
Yes, this sounds possible and quite easy. I’m assuming you already have a skuid page with the opportunity model. In that Case, do the following:
- Create a Task Model
- Set a condition that WhatId is in Opportunity
- Create a button set on the page, with Opportunity as Model.
- Add Called and Emailed buttons.
- For each button add the following actions
- Create new row in Task Model, populate pre-written fields
- Update row in Opportunity Model, Update Last activity date
- Save both models.
Nice job Adam! I thought I was actually going to be able to help someone out instead of always getting the help…but, your recommendation above should work!