Sidebar New Record. I've been inked.

On the side bar there is a “New” area to create new records. I have noticed that if I override a “New” link on an object with a Skuid page the side bar “New” *Whatever Object I override" quits working. I.E. the page works great if I create a custom skuid button on a page. However the sidebar’s New Object link keeps giving me the error that “I have been Inked”. Is there anyway to get the sidebar’s “New” links to play nicely with Skuid new pages?

Can you post the code for the Visualforce Override page you are using for the objec’ts New action? Also, what Page Assignments do you have setup for the Object’s New action? Could you post a screenshot of the page assignments for that Object and Action Type = ‘New’…

Here is my Visualforce Override code:

<apex:page standardController="Vehicles__c" extensions="skuid.Redirects" action="{!redirect}?objecttype=Vehicles__c&actiontype=new"> </apex:page> 

Here is a picture of my page overrides: Thank you for your help!

Thanks Rich. Two more questions: 1. Can you post the resultant URL of your browser that you see when you get the “You’ve been inked” message? 2. Try replacing the ? in your VF override syntax to be an ampersand (&)

Thanks Zach, 1. The resultant URL is: https://gochrysalis--skuid.na11.visual.force.com/apex/UI?retURL=%2Fhome%2Fhome.jsp&actiontype=new&sfdc.override=1%3Fobjecttype%3DVehicles__c 2. When I switched the ! For & and reload the page it said “Formula Expression is required on the actions attribute”. The “preview” on the “pages” redirect page also gives the same comment whereas with the ! it shows the correct page when I hit “preview”. Here is the new code so you can verify if I followed the instructions correctly:

<apex:page standardController="Vehicles__c" extensions="skuid.Redirects" action="{&redirect}?objecttype=Vehicles__c&actiontype=new"> </apex:page> 

Hi Rich, looks like you replaced the wrong character — here’s what your syntax should be:

<apex:page standardController="Vehicles__c" extensions="skuid.Redirects" action="{!redirect}&objecttype=Vehicles__c&actiontype=New"> </apex:page>