Samsung Tablet unable to upload picture from Skuid Mobile

Hello,

One of our users has a Samsung Tablet and when he clicks on a file upload field (plus sign) it will not prompt him to take a photo or choose a photo. I have tested on an iPhone and iPad and it works fine. Is there a known issue with this device?

Thanks,
Chelsea

Hi, Chelsea!

At this time, we are not aware of any bugs or issues with Samsung tablets. I assume the tablet was running the Android OS? Its possible the OS (or the mobile browser) may have security restrictions on access to the camera or the OS may simply be out-dated (Android is currently up to 4.4). Or even that the user does not have permission on the Salesforce side.

We tested the file upload feature on a couple of Android phones (a Samsung Galaxy S4 and an HTC M1), but couldn’t duplicate the issue. Of course, those were phones and not tablets.

If you know of anything else that would help us replicate the error, then that would help!

Thanks!

-Josh

Hi Josh,

I will check on these items. I did login to the Samsung Tablet as an admin and it still did not work, but will test again. I’ll let you know of any updates.

Thanks!
Chelsea

Hi Josh,

The user with the Samsung Tablet is running on version 4.4.2. The permissions are correct as well. He was using the Skuid Mobile through the Salesforce1 App and not through a browser. Will that make a difference?

Thanks,
Chelsea

Thanks for the information!

Turns out the Android 4.4.2 OS does not allow for file chooser functionality for apps like Salesforce1. This would prevent the SF1 app (featuring your Skuid Mobile pages) from uploading files.

Android 4.4.3 should fix this issue, according to this post in the Salesforce Stackexchange.

A OS update should resolve the issue!

-Josh