- In the Winter ‘23 Salesforce release, Salesforce is automatically turning on enhanced domains in all orgs, however you will still be able to disable it until Spring ‘23.
- Skuid has identified the issues listed below when enhanced domains are enabled.
Who Will Be Affected by This:
- All clients with enhanced domains enabled will experience some level of change.
What Could This Look Like In my Org?
- Issues resolved by Skuid updates
- Loss of edit button for admins on Skuid pages
- Page Problems no longer display for admin users
- Some File Upload methods for the “Salesforce” data source may no longer work as intended
- Broken Name and Reference field links in the Console view when in Salesforce Classic
- As well as several issues that require manual updates
- Issues with callback/redirect URLs
- Issues with Salesforce org-to-org connections
- Issues with data source/authentication provider endpoints
- Issues with Salesforce metadata cache
- For more information about the above and how to remedy them, please see Skuid’s enhanced domains documentation
- Please read our enhanced domains documentation and take the steps recommended there to mitigate issues, particularly with callback URLs/redirect URIs.
- Test all functionality in your org with enhanced domains enabled.
- If any functionality is affected, turn off enhanced domains while you conduct end-to-end testing of an upgrade to one of the following Skuid versions:
- Dubai Update 1: As of 15.1.6
- Dubai: As of 15.0.17
- Chicago Update 2: As of 14.4.27
- Boston: As of 13.0.44
- Spark Update 3: As of 12.4.23
- Please review the best practices for Upgrading Skuid on Salesforce. As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes and design systems after you upgrade.
- Please send an email to email@example.com if you continue to encounter any of the above or other problems with enhanced domains enabled after upgrading.
We will be providing updates on this community post.