Salesforce1 killed auto-populating required fields

I’ve got a mobile page for creating an Opportunity. The opportunity requires a Name and a Stage… We have workflow rules to set the Name and the Stage will always be Prospecting for this mobile page. So, I want to hide those three fields from the user.

To do that, I set conditions on my NewOpportunity model. This works great when I preview the page in Chrome. This doesn’t work after adding to a VF Tab in Salesforce 1, I get an error for missing required fields Name and Stage.

This stopped happening. Problem solved. Not sure why. 

Whew.  I was sweating bullets.  Salesforce1 is a pretty messy black box…  I’m glad things fixed themselves.