Required Field Wizard Bug

Hey Matt,

I have tried re-producing this a couple of times. I upgraded a Skuid on Salesforce managed package to 12.1.9, and I am continuing to experience the issue on the same page where I saw this issue previously. In another attempt, the page where I was previously able to reproduce the issue on Skuid Platform…is now working as expected.

So the issue is definitely intermittent…but does persist. The scenarios are from the Skuid on Salesforce managed package v12.1.9 environment.

Scenario 1 - Unexpected Behavior
I put together a sample page (XML below) where I was able to replicate the issue. As you can see in this example, the ‘Additional Email’ field is required (note that it is only required via the field edito property…not required on the object-level). If you click the Next Step button without filling out this field at all, the wizard will move forward to to step 2, which is definitely unexpected behavior, because the info for the required field is not captured from the user.

Scenario 2 - Expected Behavior
On this sample sample page, if you enter a value into the ‘Additional Email’ field…then backspace/delete that value (leaving the field blank)…then click Next Step, the required field message is thrown and the user is prevented from moving forward in the wizard, as is expected behavior.

In the first scenario, it seems that that the model is not recognizing any unsaved changes, and therefore the Save action/event is not fired at all. To test this theory, you will notice on the Contact model action, I added a Block UI message whenever the model is saved. In the first scenario, the message is not shown. If however I fill out the required field properly, then click Next Step…my model saved message is shown.

Let me know if you need any further info on this one.

Thanks again for your help on troubleshooting this.

Conlan

models.saved                                                                               <p style=“text-align: center;”><span style=“font-size:20px;”>All Done!</span></p>                .nx-error{ display: none; }       Contact Account               

This is an old thread, but …

I just resolved a similar error. Fields in a V2 Form component were copied and edited in XML. Custom field names were edited, but uniqueId attributes were left duplicated.

For example:
[tag]skuid__field id=“City__c” uniqueId=“sk-3fSr-51465” required=“true”[/tag] was duplicated as:
[tag]skuid__field id=“State__c” uniqueId=“sk-3fSr-51465” required=“true”[/tag]

I did not verify, but it seems that if City was entered, but not State, the Form was satisfied that required fields were populated. The solution was to change the uniqueId on State__c to “sk-3fSr-51466”