Redirect URL to visual force page

I have a Sales Order object with a redirect to a Skuid Sales Order page. I have now built a POS Skuid page over the Sales Order object. So I have two different Skuid pages for the same object.

Skuid Sales Order Page: Page assignments - Organizational Default
Skuid POS Page: Page assignment - POS record types 

I am running into redirect issues when the page loads for approving orders from the POS page. 

The approval process redirects to another page and then redirects you back to the originating page. Since the page assignment is based on record type, the record type must stay POS. The approval process  changes the record type from “POS” to “Approval” . I have a workflow that changes the record type back to POS however the record type update seems to happen after the full page load. So I don’t get redirected to the POS Skuid page but to the Sales Order Skuid page since that is the default.

Is there a way to do a redirect URL to a visual force page thus negate the need for the page assignment for the record type. 

If anyone has any other ideas of how to get around this issue I am all ears. 

Please let me know if you need more info.

As always thanks for your brain power. 

Here is a guess.  It may be wrong. 

You can set up the VF page used for the override so it doesn’t go through page assignments - but rather has the logic for dispatching correctly to a specific skuid page based on record type. 

It is worth a shot.

How would I set up the record type within the VF page? I don’t see any documentation on it.

This is what my current VF page looks like for POS:

<apex:page standardController="SCMC__Sales_Order__c" extensions="skuid.Redirects"        showHeader="true" sidebar="false" readonly="true" docType="html-5.0"
        action="{!IF(canUseSkuid,'',redirect)}" title="POS {!SCMC__Sales_Order__c.Name}">
    <skuid:page objectType="SCMC__Sales_Order__c" actionType="View" />
</apex:page>