Record is not saving and displaying on the pagelayout

Hi,

Hope you are doing great !!!

I have setup Skuid with salesforce.

I am using Skuid page for post time. While I have filled record details on the edit page and after that, i have click on the save button. Now, this time record is disappearing. It is not visible on the detail page.

Note: It issue is coming at 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM (EST) time zone. And I am facing this issue with only 2 users.

Please let me know. why it is happening at the record saving time.

My contact details.
Arvind Kumar
arvind.twopirconsulting@gmail.com
+91 9665086466

Hi,

Please help me. It issue coming again & again. At my end, I could not find the issue.

Thanks,
Arvind Kumar

Hi,

Please reply me. I am getting confused.

It is a very urgent task.

Thanks,
Arvind Kumar

I’m sorry you’re having such trouble. I do have two questions for you:
1.) What skuid version are you using?
2.) Can you copy and paste the XML of the broken page here? Preferably one that does not have custom objects or fields that reproduces the issue.

Hi Stephen,

1.) Skuid Version: 10.0.6

2.) XML file. We are using post time page for updating the time related to the matter.

Post Time sum Proceed? Created By Time calweek calmonth #ffe082 #d81b60 #91a7ff #e51c23 #ffb74d #7b1fa2 #4527a0 #9fa8da #ff7043 #29b6f6 #00bcd4 #00897b #0a7e07 #558b2f areaspline bar Attorney Paralegal Created By var params = arguments[0], $ = skuid.$;

Thanks,
Arvind Kumar

Arvind,

When are you having trouble saving?  Is it when you edit a row in your table or when you run your Mass Action?

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

When I am making a new record through the table. When I have put fields details on the row and I am attempting to save the record. At the time, the record is disappearing from the row of a table.

Please provide the best solution.

Thanks,
Arvind Kumar 

Arvind,

You have the table filtering on a condition on the Running User Id. This is the condition that I am referring to:

While using the Running User Id works for queries, I have not seen it work for a condition when creating a new record. I think your new ‘Time’ records are saving with the Employee__c field as ‘empty or null’. This is why they disappear from your table after saving. Your Time model is only showing ‘time records’ for the current user. Since the Employee__c field is empty on the saved time record, it does not show in the table.

Add a model to get the current user’s Id using the User object. Then change the condition on your Time model on the Employee__c field to ‘Field from another model’ and reference the Id field for your ‘current user’ model. Also make sure that the ‘current user’ model that you add is first in the list of models.

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

I will apply the logic which you have provided me.

And I will get back to you soon.

Thanks for your quick response !!!

Arvind Kumar

Hi Bill,

I have changed in the Emplyee__c field on the skuid page. I have released the form for working.

But the user is getting the issue. When the user has filled the information in the row and clicked on the save button, at time row of the table has been disappeared. It issue coming in the 11 AM to 2 PM EST time zone.

The user is facing the issue again & again in the between of 11 AM to 2 PM EST time.

Note: I have made “Post time” skuid page for filling the time related to matter object records.

Please let me know the best solution.

If you have any question please let me know. Below is my contact details.

Thanks,
Arvind Kumar
arvind.twopirconsulting@gmail.com
+91 9665086466

Hi Bill,

I have changed in the Emplyee__c field on the skuid page. I have released the form for working.
The user is facing the issue again & again in the between of 11 AM to 2 PM EST time.

Thanks,
Arvind Kumar
+91 9665086466

Arvind,

I think you are saying that your user is testing the page and is still running into a problem where the ‘time’ entries are disappearing from the table.

Here is a sample page based on Tasks. You should be able to install this in your org. It demonstrates the setup of the page that I think you are after. It shows tasks for Today only. You can enter new tasks. As long as you keep the date to ‘today’, the tasks will remain in view after saving.

<skuidpage unsavedchangeswarning="yes" personalizationmode="server" useviewportmeta="true" showsidebar="true" showheader="true" tabtooverride="Task">
    <models>
        <model id="CurrentUser" limit="1" query="true" createrowifnonefound="false" datasource="salesforce" type="" sobject="User">
            <fields>
                <field id="Name"/>
                <field id="Id"/>
            </fields>
            <conditions>
                <condition type="userinfo" value="" field="Id" state="" operator="=" enclosevalueinquotes="true" userinfotype="userid"/>
            </conditions>
            <actions/>
        </model>
        <model id="Task" limit="100" query="true" createrowifnonefound="false" datasource="salesforce" sobject="Task" type="" orderby="CreatedDate DESC">
            <fields>
                <field id="Subject"/>
                <field id="CreatedDate"/>
                <field id="OwnerId"/>
                <field id="Owner.Name"/>
                <field id="WhoId"/>
                <field id="Who.Name"/>
                <field id="WhatId"/>
                <field id="What.Name"/>
                <field id="ReminderDateTime"/>
                <field id="Type"/>
            </fields>
            <conditions>
                <condition type="fieldvalue" value="TODAY" enclosevalueinquotes="false" field="ReminderDateTime" operator="="/>
                <condition type="modelmerge" value="" field="OwnerId" fieldtargetobjects="User" operator="=" model="CurrentUser" enclosevalueinquotes="true" mergefield="Id" novaluebehavior="deactivate"/>
                <condition type="fieldvalue" value="Call" enclosevalueinquotes="true" field="Type"/>
            </conditions>
            <actions/>
        </model>
    </models>
    <components>
        <pagetitle model="Task" uniqueid="sk-2Zh3Jj-194">
            <maintitle>Today's Tasks</maintitle>
            <actions>
                <action type="savecancel" uniqueid="sk-2Zh3Jg-192"/>
            </actions>
        </pagetitle>
        <skootable showconditions="true" showsavecancel="false" searchmethod="server" searchbox="true" showexportbuttons="false" pagesize="10" createrecords="true" model="Task" mode="read" allowcolumnreordering="true" uniqueid="sk-2Zh3KI-208">
            <fields>
                <field id="Subject" hideable="true" allowordering="true" uniqueid="fi-2Zh2Y2-575"/>
                <field id="WhoId" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-2ZhCHp-295"/>
                <field id="WhatId" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-2ZhCHq-296"/>
                <field id="OwnerId" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-2ZhCHp-294" valuehalign="" type=""/>
                <field id="ReminderDateTime" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-2ZhOhe-364" valuehalign="" type=""/>
                <field id="Type" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-2ZoW0O-256"/>
            </fields>
            <rowactions>
                <action type="edit"/>
                <action type="delete"/>
            </rowactions>
            <massactions usefirstitemasdefault="true">
                <action type="massupdate"/>
                <action type="massdelete"/>
            </massactions>
            <views>
                <view type="standard"/>
            </views>
            <actions defaultlabel="Global Actions" defaulticon="sk-icon-magic" usefirstitemasdefault="true">
                <action type="multi" label="New Task" icon="sk-icon-add">
                    <actions>
                        <action type="createRow" model="Task" appendorprepend="prepend" defaultmodefornewitems="edit" affectedrows="context"/>
                    </actions>
                </action>
            </actions>
        </skootable>
    </components>
    <resources>
        <labels/>
        <css/>
        <javascript/>
        <actionsequences uniqueid="sk-2ZhCHW-284"/>
    </resources>
    <styles>
        <styleitem type="background" bgtype="none"/>
    </styles>
</skuidpage>

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Is that possible, you can do a meeting with us and try to solve our issue.

Thanks,
Arvind Kumar

Hi Bill,

How are you?

I have applied your logic in my post time page. But it not working for as per expectation.

The row of record is disappearing from the table. Please solve my issue.

Thanks,
Arvind Kumar

Hi Arvind,

Can you copy and paste your most current XML? I’d like to see how you have applied Bill’s recommendations.

Hi Khamla,

This is current XML of the page.

Post Time sum Proceed? Created By Time calweek calmonth #ffe082 #d81b60 #91a7ff #e51c23 #ffb74d #7b1fa2 #4527a0 #9fa8da #ff7043 #29b6f6 #00bcd4 #00897b #0a7e07 #558b2f areaspline bar Attorney Paralegal Created By var params = arguments[0], $ = skuid.$;

Thanks

Thanks Arvind. A few questions:

• You mentioned that the issue seems to come in at 11am to 2pm. Does that mean any records saved outside that time frame are displaying correctly? 
  • For the 2 users having this problem, do they have the same permission sets as others?
  • If you disable the 2nd condition “… Date_c is equal to TODAY”, does the newly created record display?

Hi Khamla,

Thanks for your response !!!

Yes, if we save any record outside that time, All records are displayed in the table correctly.

Yes, Both users have the same permission set.

I have not checked with disabling the 2nd condition (Date_c is equal to TODAY).

Now, I will check without date field. But user wants to date field on the table for saving the records.

Note: I have updated the Skuid version before a few days ago. After that the version update, User facing the record disappearing issue.

Please show current page XML and find where I am doing wrong. Please suggest me what can I implement on the page. 

I am facing the issue again & again.

Thanks,
Arvind Kumar

Can you tell me what version of Skuid you were running before and what version you are currently on?

Hi Khamla,

How are you?

Last Skuid Version: 6.8.7

Latest Skuid Version: 10.0.6

Thanks,
Arvind Kumar