Publish Events: Getting a value passed between two Lightning Skuid Components

Hey!

Apologies if this is in the documentation and I missed it.

Firstly, I’m really loving Millau. Sooo coooooool. A***

Here’s the question:

If I have two separate Skuid Lightning Components (using the Skuid component in the Lightning App Builder) one of which is publishing an event with a value and the other of which has an 'Event Triggered Sequence" listening for that published event. How can I use in my second component any values I pass with the published event from the first component?

I can get one component to perform an action triggered by another (which in itself is so awesome), but how can I pass data between them?

Cheers!

Louis

As an example of what I’d ultimately like to do: Have a search filter in one Skuid Lightning component that then updates a model’s condition in a different component on the same lightning page.

Louis, I took a look and indeed this is not possible with Millau 11.0, but I believe that this may be due to a bug — Action Sequences of all types have the ability to define expected Inputs, which can then be leveraged within individual actions within a given sequence. The Inputs menu does appear and is functional for Reusable Action Sequences, but it’s not currently working for Event-triggered Action Sequences. I’ll add a ticket to see if we can get this addressed in an upcoming Millau update.

Thanks Zach! Sounds good.

Hello Skuid Community ~

This has been addressed in the new Millau 11.0.2 release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page.

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.