Potential performance degradation on Salesforce’s Winter ‘20 Release

Several clients have experienced performance degradations on their Skuid pages after the Salesforce Winter ‘20 release was pushed to their orgs. We have identified some common factors that are present in the orgs that are seeing the performance degradations.

• Salesforce’s Winter ‘20 release

• Pages deployed in Lightning using Lightning components

• Very large, complex pages

If your production org is not on Winter ‘20 yet, please:

• Check status.salesforce.com to see when your prod org is getting upgraded

• Thoroughly test all mission critical functionality in a Winter ‘20 sandbox

What is being done:

• We are working with Salesforce to finalize a root cause

• Skuid has a hot fix available that can be applied to supported versions of Skuid to address the issue through working with Skuid support

• Skuid will be releasing a patch to restore performance for all supported versions of Skuid this week which will be posted to www.skuid.com/releases/

Please send an email to support@skuid.com if you have any questions. 

We will be providing updates on this community post.

Hello! How can I gain access to the hot-fix please?

I just wanted to note that following reaching out to Skuid on the above email address I was issued with a fix that has resolved the issue :slight_smile:

I’ve experienced slow pages in Lightning prior to Winter 20 release. What in this release is specifically making it slower?

Happy to share that Skuid released 3 maintenance versions today (Millau 11.2.27, Spark 12.1.11, and Spark 12.2.8) that include CORE-2571 which restores performance on Skuid pages in Lightning. These releases are available from the Skuid releases page. As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test ALL mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes after you upgrade.

Karen, were these performance issues identified as soon as Winter 20 was released to sandboxes, or was there a delay between the Winter 20 release in those sandboxes and these issues happening?

Gary, 

We do have a complete automated suite that runs against Skuid’s declarative functionality but because Skuid allows clients to customize to their heart’s content, we are unable to test against everything clients have in their orgs. Consequently, we discovered this when a small subset of clients encountered the issue. Based on what we found, we have expanded our automated test coverage. 

Thanks!
Karen