Just as a sanity check, have you confirmed that the picklist options are set up differently for each record type in the object settings? My test org has 3 record types on the Account object:
Each record type has a different set of valid picklist options for my test field NewFruitPicklist, and that looks like this:
I’ve just tried out a simple test page in my test org, which is also running version 11.2.30. What you’re describing isn’t the intended behavior, and I was able to get the test page to show the appropriate picklist values for the record types I was choosing. My guess is that there’s just a configuration difference between what you set up and what I tried out.
I created a model on the Account object, and added my custom field “NewFruitPicklist.” I also made sure the RecordTypeId field was included in the model (it should be added by default).
I checked the option to create a default row if no records are present in the model. However, I found that if I add a row using a button instead of checking this box, the picklist also works as expected.
When I previewed the page from the Skuid composer, I selected my “Special Account” record type, and saw just these two options for my NewFruitPicklist:
When I switch the Record Type to a different value, I see different picklist options:
So, I don’t mean to just say “works fine for me!” I’m hoping that providing these details might help you notice a difference between our two setups. I’ve found that the record-type feature adds lots of flexibility to Salesforce solutions, but it does also bring more complexity, and I’ve seen a number of different reasons for these kinds of picklists to misbehave.
You mentioned clearing your cache- that’s a good idea. There is a browser console command you can also try to clear any metadata that might be cached, since this is stored in a different way that can persist after you clear normal cache. Try running
sessionStorage.clear() in your browser console. You’ll see ‘undefined,’ which is the expected result. Then click and hold your refresh button (if you’re in Chrome) and choose “empty cache and hard reload.” This is how I try to clear out my cache and metadata cache when I’m troubleshooting a metadata-related issue. You can also try previewing the page in incognito or private browser windows.
Please share any other setup details in your page that differ from this simple setup. Or, see if you can try out a similar barebones page like the one I described, to confirm if expected behavior is happening.