pick list only displaying 1 value in inline edit

I can’t figure out what is going on here. I have a custom picklist field on the contact object. It has always worked as expected. Now, when I go to either of two tables that display this field and try to do inline edit, only one of the 6 values displays as an option in the picklist drop down. I don’t have any conditions or actions that would effect this. Anyone else have this problem?

Never mind. It seems to be a record type issue. I can’t for the life of me understand why it worked and then just suddenly stopped working, but if i recreate the picklist options and assign them to all record types, the options show in the drop down.

Hi Raymond

I also had this problem multiple times. Out of nowhere my picklists only displayed 1-3 Values of around 20-30… I was unable to resolve the issue so I created a new Picklist, put the values in there and copied the data… This is of course a bad way to do it.

Hope someone has a solution for this :slight_smile:

Update… I continue to have some weird stuff going on here. Some of the picklist values I create are displaying and some are not eveh though they are all set the same and should all be displaying. It isn’t a skuid thing as it is happening in the standard salesforce layout too.

They just all magically came back… No explanation as to why. I thought it was a cache thing, but that didn’t help. Very strange. seems like a temporary glitch with Salesforce. If I have any more issues, I’ll report back, but it seems to be working now.

For anyone still reading this with this problem like Chris, I think I have found the trigger, but I am not sure. I have a developer user and a super admin user. The developer user created the custom picklist field and populated the initial picklist values. Everything works fine. If I log in as the super admin user and make any changes to the pick list values, they disappear. If i then log in as the dev user and make any changes to the picklist values, they reappear. I’m not sure if it is related to the Dev user or the fact that the Dev user created the picklist field and it doesn’t like when another user tries to update the picklist values.