Passing Variable values to Salesforce flow via Action

Hi all

Recently discovered this brilliant app and loving it.

Having an issue with flows however.

I have Salesforce Flow that requires a record id to run, this flow is on our payable object but i want to trigger it from the payable line (child) model. In SF this is easy as you just pass the parents id to the flow and it looks like it should be easy in Skuid. when i choose the flow in the action it gives me a box for the input variable from the flow called recordId.

HOWEVER, no matter what i type in this box and press save when i return to the box its blank again. I had assumed i could just pass {{$Payable.Id}} to this flow via this box, but its defeating me.

Any help? is this component disfunctional or am i missing something?

Addition to this, it does actually pass the value in the recordId box, it just blanks it after save… which is very strange. Noticed this when i added random text and when i ran the action i got a error from SF.

Now to determine the correct syntax for passing the id.

Hi @Simon, glad to hear that you’re enjoying Skuid!

What version are you using? It sounds like you’re running into a product defect that was resolved in 13.0.8 and above where Flow inputs disappear from the composer. Can you try upgrading Skuid in a non-business critical sandbox and seeing if that resolves the issue?

Before upgrading, you should also be able to store and edit Flow inputs via the page XML. If Payable is the name of your model, you should be able to access the id field from the model’s first row by using {{$Model.Payable.data.0.Id}}. See Global Merge Variables for more information.

Notes on upgrading:

Best practices for upgrading can be found in Upgrading Skuid on Salesforce. As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes after you upgrade. Please let us know if you continue to encounter any problems with this issue after upgrading.

Thanks Anna, It was 13.0.x something, i actually ran an upgrade yesterday and will test once my license is active again :slight_smile: