Page preview asks for a parameter but doesn't let me enter anything

I have a page model with conditions on the Id field and the Name field of the underlying custom sObject. The values for each condition are supplied by URL parameters.

When I use page preview, I am prompted for both parameters. The Id parameter allows/requires me to enter a Name value which skuid autocompletes with the associated Record Id value. 

However, the Name parameter does not allow entry or selection of anything. There is only a prompt where the label is the parameter name but there is no input field.

What’s up with this? :slight_smile:

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Name IS the sObject’s standard Name field. In this case it is an Auto-number datatype.

This is not a show-stopper, we have workarounds – and the use-case is no longer required. If an auto-number datatype exhibits this behavior, that may be all we need to know.

The underlying issue, however, is that parameters passed in a call to a Page Include are not available on the client side. I added a Condition to a model, “where Name = {{$Param.someoption}}” This would allow rendering rules based on “model has data rows” or “model doesn’t have data rows” instead of the Page/URL Parameter value.

I used Name for the new Condition because 1) it would never equal the parameter value passed to the Page Include, and 2) there was an existing Condition on Id (ironically using a URL parameter defined for the parent page).

Exactly right! If the parameter is present, the condition fails, the model contains no data, and a certain button on the page does not get rendered.

(This model was already using the Id field as an indicator in a very similar way. No data from the model is actually used on the page.)