Similar to what Salesforce Audit Trail does, it would be great if Skuid pages had a similar reporting capability.
I’ve found this js that seems like it would great. diff-js-xml
I can see this being pretty slick for Skuid page builders needing to easily capture the changes for reporting purposes. As any decent builder knows, it’s way faster to build a page from an idea than to write down any technical requirements beforehand. A user story and acceptance criteria is all that is needed, along with the design philosophy for the org, and a DSS.
Spitballing here, but I see the following:
- Object Page_Comparison__c
- Revision_Changed_From__c Lookup to skuid__Page_Version__c
- Revision_Changed_To__c Lookup to skuid__Page_Version__c
- Page_Changed_From__c Lookup to skuid__Page__c
- Page_Changed_To__c Lookup to skuid__Page__c
- Original_XML_Layout__c 1-5 Long Text Area
- Changed_XML_Layout__c 1-5 Long Text Area
- All the common fields between skuid__Page_Version__c & skuid__Page__c
- Object Page_Comparison_Change__c
- Path__c Text
- Type__c Text
- Message__c Text
- Page_Comparison__c Lookup
Then I would create 2 ways to create these records
- An automated comparison for each skuid__Page_Version__c created to it’s prior version.
- Skuid page to select the from and to to create a custom comparison.
I’m hoping to find a way to do this entirely within Salesforce, but I’m not that technically deep into Salesforce.