Add “Role” as a Page Assignment option (in addition to Profile and Org Default). The difficult thing here is: which takes precedence, Role or Profile? The standard “assignment” hierarchy goes like this — think Hierarchy Custom Settings):
- Org Default
- User (not currently supported in Page Assignments, but
- Arbitrarily place Role either above or below Profile in this hierarchy (unless someone can give an argument as to whether above or below is NOT arbitrary)
- Add Role as another dimension to the Page Assignment processing. This would:
- Not require making an arbitrary prioritization of Role vs Profile.
- Would massively increase Page Assignment flexibility - but also introduce complexity - which we could eventually remedy with a more easy-to-use Page Assignment “matrix” editor or improved UI. With this in place, though, we could actually differentiate by Profile and Role - e.g. there would be a default “Sales Manager” page, but then users in the “West Coast Sales Manager” Role could see a different version of this page from users in the “EMEA Sales Manager” Role, etc.