Message to show when disabled - Not Working in Skuid Version 14.0.5

Anyone else experiencing this?

Also found some wonkiness with moving fields around in forms, sometimes they disappear. A quick save & refresh reveals them again. Also, models act funny when using the search function. Sometimes I cannot search again, or if I add a new model, I cannot access fields, etc.

Hey Michael,

Looking into this now to see if this has been reported. Also, is there an XML or sample you can provide so we can try to recreate the issue?


Hi Michael,

I have noticed some of these issues as well. Specifically disabled messages not displaying and the model search errors in the builder. I’ve noticed that this error is shown in the console each time the model search stops working (attached).

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 2.51.25 PM.png

Hi @Michael_L_Barnes and @Elena_ONeil, thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

Disabled Message not Displaying - Logged

I’ve been able to reproduce this issue externally where the disabled message for buttons and fields doesn’t display and I’ve logged it in our internal tracking system. We’ll let you know if the issue is resolved. For now I’ve marked the customer impact as Level 4 - Medium - let me know if this sounds appropriate and if this blocking any active development projects.

Note: If a table or a form is in edit mode, then the field disabled message will display, but at the very edge of the field area.

App Composer issues - Need steps to reproduce & test page xml

For the other issues with moving fields around in forms and using model search, next time it happens try to remember what you were just doing beforehand so we can figure out how to reproduce and log the issue. If you’re able to reproduce and can provide test page XML with steps to reproduce that would be great. We’ll also keep our eyes open for these issues and see if we can establish a pattern.

Hi @Anna_Wiersema,

I have been able to reproduce the model search error and have attached the xml here. To reproduce, enter a search term in the model search that doesn’t match any of the model names, then clear the search (either with the cancel button or with a backspace). The error sometimes doesn’t appear in the console until the second or third try. I suspect that the error has something to do with the UI only model, as it disappears from the list when the error is thrown. Other model actions such as removing a field or adding a condition are also unavailable after hitting this error.


Thanks Elena! We’ll take a look in the next couple of days and let you know if I have any questions.

Thanks for helping to track that one down, @Elena_ONeil. I was able to reproduce with your test page and have logged the issue with our product engineering team. We will let you know when the fix is available.

Hey @Michael_L_Barnes !

Thank you for your patience! Skuid has fixed these issues in the new 14.3.3 and releases which are now available on the Skuid Releases page. You can find these issues in the release notes:

  1. DSC-2928: Disabled message not showing on hover
  2. DSC-2929: Searching for models in Models tab produces unexpected results

Best practices for upgrading can be found in Upgrading Skuid on Salesforce. As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission-critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out-of-date themes and design systems after you upgrade. Please let us know if you continue to encounter any problems with this issue after upgrading. Thanks again for alerting us of this issue!

1 Like