is skuid accessibility (Is it WCAG 2.0 Level A and AA compliant) compliant?

Where is documentation for accessibility / screen readers, etc. ? There are some accessibility coding best practices that we need to ensure are met by Skuid. Is it WCAG 2.0 Level A and AA compliant? 

We have never attempted to make Skuid compliant with those standards, or ensured that it worked using Screen Reader technologies.  Sorry. 

Is there any accessibility in Skuid at all? And if not I imagine we can add / edit the code to comply with accessibility… Right? 

Hi Kalman,

Complying with Accessibility standards is something we would like to achieve at Skuid but we’re not there yet. Honestly, we have not taken the time to see if we conform to the standards or not.  If there are certain accessibility issues that you or your users run into, we want to hear about it.  We have a color blind employee here at Skuid and have already learned some things from him about making Skuid more accessible.  We do make use of certain libraries like JQuery UI which implements some of the ARIA standard.  I have not personally read the WCAG spec, so I’m not sure everything that entails.

I’m sure that Skuid would “work” with a Screen Reader, but there may not be as many hints to help it out as there could be.  I appreciate you bringing this up on the community and any help letting us know about actual user issues with accessibility would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the reply Ben. ARIA is a great starting point. I’ll keep you posted (via the community) as we roll out Skuid. We are only scratching the surface now but are excited to jump in. Universities need to comply with strict standards around accessibility. Are we able to add hints and other tags to the Skuid code manually? 

We look forward to your feedback.  Thanks for helping us make our product even better. . . 

It’d be great to see some progress here. I was hoping to use field-editor components to capture form data on a public Community but I think more work needs to be done to make this accessible - such as by associating input fields with label elements etc.

Can’t share all the details about this right now, but we will have some huge updates in the area of accessibility to share in a couple of months — stay tuned.