How do I interrupt loading a new page include action?

I have a series of links that run the page include action to separate, complicated skuid pages that display below the links. They take several seconds to load. If a user clicks on another link, while a skuid page is loading, it takes twice as long.
Ideally, I’d like to send an interrupt command to the server to stop the loading of the previous page. If I can’t do that, I’d like to disable the other links while the original page is loading.

I’ve tried the unload action on the current page include, but that doesn’t stop the request.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Garret

Hi @garret

I think the simplest way to accomplish what you want to do is to set up a “Show message and block UI” action that shows while the page is loading so that users can’t click on anything else. You can set an action sequence in the included page to run on page load and have the ui blocked for 2-3 seconds or reasonable amount of time. You could also put the Show Message and Block UI and Unblock UI actions around the Update page include action.

Let me know if this will work for your page.

For general tips on helping your pages load faster, see Best Practices — Skuid v15.1.6 Documentation

Thank you so much! This approach works well.

1 Like