How do I create a Calendar with the new Ink components

I have been working with the V2 version of Skuid when creating pages. Its a change but there are definitely some things to really like even if implimentation is a bit different in V2 vs. V1 in some aspects.

However I can’t for the life of me figure out how to create a calendar to display dates in SF records the way I did in V1. Is it a native component option that I am missing now? Is it an external component that can be downloaded and included?

What is the current best way to implement Calendar displays in V2?

Joseph, you’re not missing anything, we don’t yet have a V2 Calendar component, but it is on the roadmap for Q1 2020. Honestly I would recommend waiting until we have a V2 Calendar to move your V1 pages with Calendars over to V2. I know it’s hard to wait — but you’re not the only one asking about this, this is a common question! Stay tuned, and in the meantime, love that keep building everything else with V2! 

Thank you for the heads up. Fair enough that everything can’t be ready day one but glad to hear its a priority on the roadmap.

I’m able to get the calendar working for my purposes (display only is fine) using a Page Include of a V1 page. I had to write the page directly into the XML to get it to work but it displays. But the problem is I now have a message at the top of the screen warning about using V1 in V2.

Is there a way to suppress that message now that I have seen it so it doesn’t show up on future page loads?

Hey @Joseph_Ucuzoglu!

Skuid has implemented the calendar component in the new Chicago release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page. Best practices for upgrading can be found in Upgrading Skuid on Salesforce. As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission-critical functionality before installing into a production environment.

We also recommend that you update out-of-date themes and design systems after you upgrade. Please let us know if you continue to encounter any problems with this issue after upgrading.

Thanks,