HELP! - theme update not working Millau 11.2

Bump Josh - please could you provide an update on the fix availability. Thanks 

Hi Ben,

I’m happy to share what we have on this in the community, but this is the same status I provided via email to you directly:

The issue regarding updating out of date themes continuing to surface after pressing that button should be resolved in 11.2.2 as mentioned in my message above from 6/18.

Regarding the issue you mentioned specific to the conflict with filters: The issue has been logged with our developers, but currently does not have an ETA that I can share, as further investigation is needed.

Thank you,

Josh

Josh, do you guys have an eta for 11.2.2? The themes failure is causing us major problems. I’d be very grateful for the fix asap. Ben

Ben,

We expect 11.2.2 this week, barring any unforeseen setbacks. The key piece mentioned, is that 11.2.2 should remedy issues pertaining to updating out of date themes and the re-surface of the button. The issue related to filters is distinct from the fix for the other theme troubles mentioned, and will not be part of 11.2.2. I will continue to update you as the team works through these items.

Thank you,

Josh

Hello Skuid Community ~

This has been addressed in the new Millau 11.2.2 release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page.

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.

Stephen, upgraded to 11.2.2 no joy - themes don;t update, button disappears, but dates don’t change. Still issues with the way filters display.

I really need this fixed. It has turned into a major problem for us. 

Are you seeing any errors in the console?

Not that I can see. but I’m not familiar with the console. In the logs tab there are no errors - should I look elsewhere.

when clicking the update button, I see very briefly (can only see it by recording the webpage using gaming video capture and playing back in slow motion) "0 of 1 Themes updated. Updated “SmartPortal03”  (this is the only custom theme on our org and the only one we really need.

Hello Ben,

This is a bit complex to explain as there are a few issues at play, so I’m going to try and address each piece individually. We totally understand the need to address everything going on as soon as we can to help get you through this issue, and we are dedicated to following through here.

“Update out of date themes” button issues There were two issues here:
1) The button is clicked, and the update process runs, and fails due to errors shown in the browser console - This issue was fixed in 11.2.2
2) After the above is run successfully, the button resurfaces - This issue appears to still exist, and as a result it will be addressed in our next maintenance release. It is important to note that this specific issue should not impact themes negatively, and it simply a visual issue.

There is also an issue with filters that you mentioned:
As outlined in prior responses in this thread, this is an issue that is under investigation with our developers, and will be addressed in a future maintenance release as well.

Thank you,

Josh

Josh,

unfortunately the themes do not update, the last updates date remains the same and we still see display issues such as overlapping components that suggest theme problems. 

Ben

I’m seeing the same as Ben. I’m not having the same level of challenges with themes but they are not updating properly on my end either with 11.2.2. Thanks for the follow-up!

Can you elaborate further on what you are seeing in 11.2.2. What do you mean by “Still issues with the way filters display.” There is a good chance we thought this post was about something else. If you’re having problems with a custom theme, we need to see what you’re seeing after you’ve removed all custom javascript and CSS on the page.

Stephen,

the issue is with Lightning Design standard theme and affects filters that require text to be entered either single or multi option select 

- enter the text, the possible option is shown below in the mini pop up field, I select this
- the chosen text is displayed in the filter field, although on some pages it does not
- the filter is not applied to the model
- if I change another filter e.g. date range on the same model, the change applies and the model is refreshed

We have overlapping components

I also have an issue with display of charts which work fine if I preview the skuid page directly, but if I add them to a lightning page using the skuid page component, them momentarily display correctly but then display the same data point for all categories or no data.

I hope that helps.

Ben

Can you provide a picture?

Stephen,

picture 1 - preview from Skuid composer, piscture 2 as the page loads in LIgtning (looks fine), picture 3 - the charts are all wrong

We have already sent pictures of overlapping components to Skuid support

Ben

Stephen/ colleagues. We still have this problem with themes. Any update from you guys please?

Hello Ben,

It looks like you may have missed an email we sent to you about getting access to look into this deeper. I will be following up on that thread momentarily as well, so please keep an eye out!

Thank you,

Josh

What is the status with theme issues on 11.2?  We are holding off updating until I understand what the risks are with this release.

Chandra,

In general, 11.2.2 does not contain any major issues with themes, beyond the fact that the update out of date themes button will re-appear after being run successfully. This is 100% visual for page builders and not impacting production pages. My understanding is that this remaining issue with the button surfacing should be resolved by our next maintenance release, 11.2.5 slated to go live on the releases page very soon. 

As always, it is best to test in non-critical sandboxes prior to moving to production, just to confirm pages are not negatively impacted, as different use cases with custom code or CSS can always come into play.

Thanks,

Josh

Hey again Chandra,

As soon as I hit submit on this post, I got notification that 11.2.5 is now live on our releases page, https://www.skuid.com/releases/salesforce/.