formula text field not showing as link

I have a formula text field

It works fine until I use it in this scenario.

It show like this:

Yes, when you drag the child relationship field from the model down into your table, and use the template to define specific fields - field renderers are not used and the data comes through by itself.  This is a known issue. 

You can get around the issue by dragging a regular template component into your table and then using template code that looks like this: 
{{#ObjectName.records}}{{FieldName}}{{/ObjectName.records}}

Make sure your field name is only wrapped in 2 braces.  This will run the field renderers and turn the hyperlink into an actually link…

Cheers! 

I tried this:

But is froze the screen.

My child relationship name is: Member_Organization_Location__r
The data I had in the template which did not create a link was this: {{Person__r.View_Person__c}}

If these are my fields what should the template look like?

I’m pretty sure it would be: 

{{#Member_Organization_Location__r.records}}{{Person__r.View_Person__c}}{{/Member_Organization_Location__r.records}}

Make sure it has two underscores between the object name and the letter r…  That tripped me up this morning… 

I copied it exactly with the two underscores and it hangs.

Any javascript errors? 

It never errors out.  It just keeps showing “Searching” until I end it.

Open the Browser console - I’m thinking there will be an error there.  There will not be an error in the UI.  It will be in the console. 

This one is not solved

Ok. I think I’ve figured this out.

I think you have given the relationship a particular name. See the screenshot below of the Child relationship filed (not on the parent object). See below where I’ve given the child relationship a custom name.

Then in your child relationship picker in the model fields - you will see that custom name.

Finally in your template code you need to use the relationship name, not the object name.

So in the arragment above my template code should be:

{{#FooFooObject__r.records}}{{FieldName}}{{/FooFooObject__r.records}}

Also remember to incldue the fields from your child relationships in the model or you will get wierd results.

Hopefully this one gets put to bed…