first model update action doesn't run (11.1.7)

Same error happens when cancelling the same model. Click Cancel once and nothing. Click Cancel a second time and it works.

Thanks for posting a video explaining what you’re seeing. From it, I have a few questions.

1. What is the behavior if you have no custom javascript? Does seeing this error require your custom code?
2. I noticed you first tried Jan 2 then tried Jan 3. What happens if you try Jan 2 twice instead of changing to Jan 3? Is it Jan 2 that is throwing the error or is it truly a first time / second time problem? I don’t know if Jan 2 is a company holiday.
3. What happens if you start with End and then switch to Start? Do you still see the same behavior? I’m not sure if the model action will be fired until you change both. The model action requires some form of trigger. I’m wondering if the trigger starts after both start and end are selected. Thus, maybe your snippet won’t fire until the second is chosen.

Hope to solve this soon!

1. Works with and without snippet depending on if the record exists already.  On new records it works without issue. On existing records the issue occurs.
  2. Clicking on Jan. 2 twice doesn't do anything. It starts working on the second change. Strange.
  3. Switching between Start/End in any way makes no difference. It's the second change that triggers.
The issue seems isolated to Model Update on my custom Start__c/End__c fields using a snippet action on existing records.

The custom isolation has me puzzled as to what more I can do. Can you paste any XML of a repro page?

Have you attempted to recreate the issue? A simple snippet w/ console.log(‘test snippet has run’) in the snippet should do reproduce.

To reproduce skip to here on the video to reproduce.

WOW!!! This is a super weird bug. A pain to find it.

To reproduce you’ll need to create a custom object called Time_Off__c. No need to add any fields.

Toggling “Hide Footer” in Table component within drawer exposes the bug. It’s the code behind this checkbox as using CSS to hide the same footer doesn’t affect the functionality.

<skuidpage unsavedchangeswarning="yes" personalizationmode="server" showsidebar="true" useviewportmeta="true" showheader="true">
    <models>
        <model id="Staff" limit="20" query="true" createrowifnonefound="false" datasource="salesforce" sobject="User">
            <fields>
                <field id="Id"/>
                <field id="Name"/>
            </fields>
            <conditions>
                <condition type="fieldvalue" value="true" enclosevalueinquotes="false" field="IsActive"/>
            </conditions>
            <actions/>
        </model>
        <model id="TimeOff" query="true" createrowifnonefound="false" datasource="salesforce" sobject="Time_Off__c">
            <fields>
                <field id="OwnerId"/>
                <field id="Owner&#46;Name"/>
                <field id="Subject__c"/>
                <field id="Id"/>
            </fields>
            <conditions>
                <condition type="modelmerge" value="" field="OwnerId" fieldtargetobjects="Group,User" operator="in" model="Staff" enclosevalueinquotes="true" mergefield="Id" novaluebehavior="deactivate"/>
            </conditions>
            <actions/>
        </model>
    </models>
    <components>
        <skootable showconditions="true" showsavecancel="false" showerrorsinline="true" searchmethod="server" searchbox="true" showexportbuttons="false" hideheader="false" hidefooter="false" pagesize="10" alwaysresetpagination="false" createrecords="false" model="Staff" buttonposition="" mode="readonly" allowcolumnreordering="true" responsive="true" uniqueid="sk-2Mg2-361">
            <fields>
                <field id="Name" uniqueid="sk-2Mg2-369"/>
            </fields>
            <rowactions>
                <action type="drawer" label="Run multiple actions" icon="sk-icon-magic">
                    <drawer title="Drawer Area" width="90%" closehandle="true">
                        <components>
                            <skootable showconditions="true" showsavecancel="true" showerrorsinline="true" searchmethod="server" searchbox="true" showexportbuttons="false" hideheader="false" hidefooter="false" pagesize="10" alwaysresetpagination="false" createrecords="true" model="TimeOff" buttonposition="" mode="read" allowcolumnreordering="true" responsive="true" uniqueid="sk-2Mg2-406">
                                <fields>
                                    <field id="Subject__c" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-2Mg2-479"/>
                                    <field id="OwnerId" hideable="true" uniqueid="fi-2Mg2-480"/>
                                </fields>
                                <rowactions>
                                    <action type="edit"/>
                                    <action type="delete"/>
                                </rowactions>
                                <massactions usefirstitemasdefault="true">
                                    <action type="massupdate"/>
                                    <action type="massdelete"/>
                                </massactions>
                                <views>
                                    <view type="standard"/>
                                </views>
                                <conditions>
                                    <condition type="contextrow" field="OwnerId" mergefield="Id" operator="=" fieldtargetobjects="Group,User"/>
                                </conditions>
                                <actions defaultlabel="Global Actions" defaulticon="sk-icon-magic" usefirstitemasdefault="true">
                                    <action type="multi" label="Add Paid Time Off" icon="sk-webicon-font-awesome:plus-circle">
                                        <actions>
                                            <action type="createRow" model="TimeOff" appendorprepend="prepend" defaultmodefornewitems="edit" affectedrows="context"/>
                                            <action type="showPopup">
                                                <popup title="Time Off Request" width="800px">
                                                    <components>
                                                        <basicfieldeditor showheader="true" showsavecancel="false" showerrorsinline="true" model="TimeOff" uniqueid="sk-2Mg2-573" mode="edit">
                                                            <columns>
                                                                <column width="100%">
                                                                    <sections>
                                                                        <section title="Section A" collapsible="no" showheader="false">
                                                                            <fields>
                                                                                <field uniqueid="sk-2Mg2-603" id="Subject__c"/>
                                                                                <field uniqueid="sk-2Mg2-604" id="OwnerId"/>
                                                                            </fields>
                                                                        </section>
                                                                    </sections>
                                                                </column>
                                                            </columns>
                                                            <conditions>
                                                                <condition type="contextrow" field="Id" mergefield="Id"/>
                                                            </conditions>
                                                        </basicfieldeditor>
                                                    </components>
                                                    <afterclose>
                                                        <action type="cancel">
                                                            <models>
                                                                <model>TimeOff</model>
                                                            </models>
                                                        </action>
                                                    </afterclose>
                                                </popup>
                                            </action>
                                        </actions>
                                    </action>
                                </actions>
                            </skootable>
                        </components>
                    </drawer>
                </action>
            </rowactions>
            <massactions usefirstitemasdefault="true"/>
            <views>
                <view type="standard"/>
            </views>
        </skootable>
    </components>
    <resources>
        <labels/>
        <javascript/>
        <css>
            <cssitem location="inline" name="newcss" cachelocation="false">/*&#46;nx-list-footer {*/
/*    display:none;*/
/*}*/</cssitem>
        </css>
        <actionsequences uniqueid="sk-2Mg2-236"/>
    </resources>
    <styles>
        <styleitem type="background" bgtype="none"/>
    </styles>
</skuidpage>

^^^ bump ^^^

Pat,

I’m a bit late to the conversation, but I’ll set up your situation to see if I can get an issue reported. I’ll contact Stephen first.

Thank you for your patience.

Hey Pat,

Stephen and I are not having much success reproducing the issue. I am using Millau 11.1.8 and the release notes do not indicate a resolution to an issue you detailed.

Can I impose of you to provide a sample against standard object(s)?

Thanks

I was able to reproduce in my org on both 11.1.7 and 11.1.8.

Did you hide the footer of the table in the drawer and try to click on “Add Paid Time Off” global action. It’s supposed to go to popup but doesn’t when hide footer is enabled.

Well, I double checked and do have the footer hidden. Just for grins, I created a new page with the XML shared above. Still works.

I am with you on this one as your video is clearly showing the behavior.

Let me get some other eyes and/or suggestions on next steps.

Did you copy/paste the XML? Just remove the Subject__c field.

Finally. I see the bad behavior AND I will report it. Thanks for bearing with me.

No worries.

FYI: Issue reported and slated for review.