Finding Unique ID for a skuid page to use as a header on Skuid PLatform pages

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have tried using the page number that appears in the url but it doesnt seem to work

David,

Can you give some more details about what you mean by use a page as a header? Do you want to make a page a child page of another page that already has a navigation? If so that has to be defined when you first create the page. When you create the page, enter the page name, hit next, and then specify “Use a Master Page” under Starting Point.

Thanks!

I have attached a screen grab … when I select Customer Header it requests a Unique ID for the header bit I cant see any place to allocate an id to the page I want to assign to be the header. In the url for each page is a number (3 digits) but that doesnt seem to work

David,

The unique id is a way to identify the header element within the Skuid framework. You can’t actually specify a page to be the header of another page; instead, you could put your own unique id such as “myheader” in that spot if you wanted to be able to access the header in javascript or a CSS resource. If you have a page with custom navigation and you want to build other pages that use that same navigation, your best solution would be to make the nav page a master page and create child pages off of it (tutorial about that here). Otherwise, you’ll have to build your header on this page as you want it to look.

Thanks!

Thanks Amy ) … I can work around it.