file upload not working

I know this question has been previously posted, but none of the solutions are working for me. I have a Wizard component that contains the opportunity object and a custom object that is a child of opportunity. The file upload component does not work. It doesn’t work when pointed to either object or when I tried to create a separate page just for the upload function. It does not work in preview mode or production.  I have followed the tutorials and troubleshooting suggestions with no luck. I am using the most current version of SKUID. 

Thanks!

To add more detail…the upload component opens my file explorer and allows me to select a file…then it just thinks forever, and never actually uploads the file. I have tried files of various formats (word, PDF, etc) and various sizes with no luck. 

Here is a guess.

Unitil the parent record is saved, the file component does not have a record to save its data to. In your wizard, make sure the record is saved as you move from step 1 to step 2. Then you can use the file component to upload attachments that relate to the saved record.

There is one more key detail. In the wizard component there is a property titled: “Defer Rendering of Step Contents” This needs to be selected so that the file editor does not try to render in the context of the unsaved record.

I think that should solve your problem.

You are my new hero…I knew about the save file issue, but it turns out the magic trick is clicking “defer rendering” 

Thanks!