File upload component not working after upgrade to

We recently updated from Skuid 11.0.5 to latest. Mostly the update went smooth but we find that our File Upload components no longer work.

They have exactly the issue that we posted about four years ago here where - when used through a VisualForce page, the component does not accept the file. For a brief moment you can see the new file name but then it reverts back. When we use the page directly in Salesforce, everything works fine.

In that previous post (and others that I’ve found on this issue) the recommendation is to make a copy of the UploadImage Skuid page. We’ve done that, and made sure that the VisualForce page profile with the component has access to the copy and such.

Are there other steps that I’m missing here? Are there new steps we’re supposed to take for the File Upload component under new versions of Skuid?

In case it’s a clue we also notice that certain scripts being included by vendor.js are not being imported correctly when the page is included in VisualForce pages. Specifically, moment.js (see attached).

But other components on the page work fine, and saving changes to other fields works okay.

Thanks,

Bryan

Any chance someone from Skuid tech support could help with this one if no one from the community is seeing it?

We continue to receive reports from users on that component not working.

Thanks!

Bryan

Byan,

Are you able reproduce this problem on a simple page with the File Upload component? If so, would you mind sharing the XML with us so we can see what you see? Also, are you on 12.1.9?

Hello Khamla,

Yes, I can still duplicate this issue when I remove everything except the file upload component. Here is a link to the XML.

And yes, we are on 12.1.9.

Thanks!

Bryan

Hello Khamla,

I made a simpler page than the one above, where I also stripped out un-needed models and layout components. It has the same issue once embedded into a visualforce page:

Hello Khamla,

I just wanted to follow up here and see if you guys had any updates.

Thanks!

Bryan

Hello Khamla,

Bump again. It sounds like you all were able to duplicate this. Do you have any updates by chance?

Thanks,

Bryan

Hello Khamla,

Bump again. I’d love to get a status update on this.

Thanks,

Bryan

Thank you for your patience! Skuid has fixed this issue in the new 12.2.10 release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page. CORE-2622 For Salesforce Sites, File Upload component fails to connect file to record.

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes after you upgrade. Please let us know if you continue to encounter any problems with this issue after upgrading.

Thanks again for alerting us of this issue!