Dropbox REST Tutorial - Stuck on Step "Configure Model to retrieve Dropbox file and folder metadata"

Ok, I’m starting to see how this stuff works with Skuid.  From what I can tell, the only way to dynamically “inject” parameters to the call is via the ServiceURL and URL merge parameters (at least that’s what I’m gathering so far).  In your case, since you want to “inject” in to POST params, I don’t see an obvious way.  When you “save” a model, Skuid will INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE the data in your Model using the field values in the model as the post params.  

Beyond the field data itself, what do you want to be able to inject in to the call?

Sorry if I’m not understanding correctly, possibly my understanding of this is way off base - first time I’ve realized there are different methods that you can specify :slight_smile:

Actually I’m being dumb here. There’s no need for dropbox as it’s a rest API and doesn’t have a model on their end to interact . Or maybe there is 
Anyway it would be nice to know ah ah
Thanks!

edit
well - it can work passing the params as URL params on a post method to the end point - I think it’s possible - but on the other hand the API receiving it might required them to be in the BODY of the request - and that’s the way it should be done, so would be nice if there was a way to pass true POST Params. 

For instance to move a file or copy it.

Not sure how much (if any) I helped lol

Glad that it appears you have a path forward, good luck!

Hello Skuid Community ~

Thank you for your patience! Skuid implemented a fix in the new Brooklyn (10.0.3 & 9.5.10) release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page.

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.