Drilldowns on Charts with Aggregate Models (9.5.1 onwards)

Since 9.5.1 I can’t drill down in a chart set based on an aggregate model - the second chart just says “No data to display”.

This is a major issue as we have management dashboards that now don’t work.

Linus,

I’m having trouble reproducing your issue; could you post some screenshots of your chart setup? You might also check if there are context conditions anywhere that are limiting your data in ways you don’t want it to.

Hi Amy,

Just build a very simple page with an Aggregate model on Opportunity.

Aggregations : countName - COUNT(Name)
Groupings : CurrencyIsoCode and StageName

The idea being to have a chart showing the breakdown of Opportunities by stage and being able to drilldown to the currency distribution for each stage by clicking the chart.

So, chartset - Chart 1 - pie chart with one series

Displays fine

Chart 2 - pie chart, one series again :-

Chart 1 displays fine, as does Chart 2 if it’s in a separate chart set, but when I set Chart 1 to drill down to Chart 2 as above I get the No data to display error.

Every previously working dashboard that we’ve built that uses aggregate models has failed simultaneously, so I’m pretty sure it’s something Skuid-side…

Thanks,
Linus

Hi Linus, this is actually due to a change in the way Aggregate models handle ID#s on the back end. If you remove the context setting below your Drilldown that says “ID of records in ID of rows in context” that should clear up the page’s confusion about which IDs are in context. 

Hi Mark,

If I do that then the second chart shows data for the whole model, not just the segment I clicked on - i.e. I get the same chart 2 no matter which segment I click in chart 1, so it stops being a drill-down.

Thanks,
Linus

Linus,

Sorry for the conflicting messages. After doing more digging we’ve discovered that this is an issue. Our developers are aware of it, and we’ll let you know when it’s fixed in a future release.

Thanks for that, Amy, good to know you’re on it.

As I say, this is a major issue for us as we’ve built Skuid dashboards for our management reporting and this won’t help build confidence in the product at senior levels. If I’m honest, I’m a little surprised that this wasn’t caught in pre-release testing…

Amy,
Is there any workaround? All of our dashboards stopped drilling down with the Brooklyn release.

Hello Skuid Community ~

Thank you for your thoughtful suggestion! Skuid listened to your concern and has implemented your idea in the new Brooklyn Update 1 - Iteration 4 release which is now available on the Skuid Releases page.

As a reminder, Salesforce does NOT allow reverting back to prior versions of managed packages. Skuid always recommends installing new versions in a non-business critical sandbox environment to test all mission critical functionality before installing  into a production environment. We also recommend that you update out of date themes when you upgrade.

Hi.

Looking good so far - many thanks for such a fast turnaround!

Linus