Deactivate ALL Filterable Conditions when switching tabs

I have an Opportunities Model that I’m using amongst various tabs.  I have conditions enabled when a user views certain tabs. Right now, I have to manually say to disable each condition that SHOULDN’T be displayed on those tabs.  How would I go about disabling all filterable conditions in one swoop versus manually adding each deactivation? As I add more filterable conditions, I’m having to remmber which tabs I need to add the new conditions to or if needed disable the new condition.  Definitely not scalable!

Hi,

You can use the “Whenever Shown” Action on the tab Properties to enable or disable the filters and query again the model each time the tab is shown

Hi Pablo,

This is what I currently do for each tab, I deactivate the conditions that I do not want shown in that tab and activate the ones I do and then query the model. But, as I add more and more conditions it is becoming unwieldy to remember all the conditions to deactivate.  And, any time I add a new tab, I need to ensure I activate the correct conditions and deactivate the ones I do not want.  I guess I need some kind of custom code that will disable all conditions at first and then I can activate the conditions I do want for each tab.

Will

Hi Will,

I kind of had a similar case and conditions where getting very complicated and long…

So what i did is simply , cloned the skuid page multiple times , set on each the default conditions i wanted for each, and used Page include instead.

Now each tab is a “page include” with pre determined conditions i want, and not having to worry about enabling/disabling conditions as I go from tab to tab

Hope it helps

Another strategy that is not widely advertized is context conditions.  

If you put a table in a popup you’ll get an extra tab in the table properties where you define the context for the table.  Even though the model is passing back more rows, only show a subset of records in that popup’s table.  

What is not widely known is that if you go into the xml and copy that table out of the popup and back into a tab,  you’ll still find the context row condition node on the table.  You can add conditions to it in the xml so that for a single model, only some records show in one tab and other records show in the other tab. 

A problmatic consideration here.  If you subsequently filter the model data (using a model condition or searching on the data) it will affect the tables on all the tabs.  This has always felt like a bad user experience to us, which is why we haven’t rolled out the feature more broadly.  

But its there and might be perfect for this use case. 

Thanks Rob, I will try this out and report back!