Skuid currently does not provide an API method for converting Leads into Accounts/Contacts/Opportunities, so it would take extensive custom coding for a user to override the standard “Convert Lead” page with a corresponding Skuid page. However, if it were possible to use a Skuid page to achieve this, it could be incredible powerful. Consider some ways this could be used:
- Mass Convert: the convertLead capability could be exposed as a Mass Action, so that multiple Leads could be selected and “Mass-Converted”, with only one Account being created, but multiple Contacts being created, and one or multiple Opportunities being created.
- Leverage Skuid’s lookup filters / autocomplete / picklist rendering options to improve the experience of searching for existing Accounts / Contacts to associate with.
- Allow for creation of Opportunity Products right from the Convert screen.
- Define a custom “Create Task” process.
- Allow for explicit selection of Account/Contact/Opportunity Record Types that you’d like to use during the Conversion, rather than having to create Workflow Rules.
- Have completely different ConvertLead screens based on User Profile / Lead record type