Hi everyone - I have been pulling my hair out trying to find any reference to event attendee tracking in Skuid… Can anyone tell me how to add and manage invitees in a Skuid event custom popup? I played around with Event Relations to no avail…help!
I managed to get event invitees (from EventRelations) onto the event custom popup through a pretty specific process. Here’s what I did:
- I have two models on my page - Events (which is the event source for my calendar) and EventRelations. Both load data on page load, and make sure to pull in the pertinent fields for each (including the id fields)
- I have a custom popup for Event On-Click Behavior
- On the popup, I have a field editor that looks at Event for the details, and a table that looks at EventRelation for viewing / adding the invitees
- The key is that on both components I have a context condition (look at the last Context property tab on both)
- On the Event field editor I have a condition where Id of record = Id of row in context and on the EventRelation table I have a condition where EventId of record = Id of row in context
- For both of these, the context condition allows you to only see the data you’re interested in, based on the context of the one event you’re viewing
- To get the EventRelation to save when you save the Event, you need to add an action to your Event model, so that whenever it’s saved, the EventRelation model also gets saved. Then, whenever you create a new event and add relations to it, both will get saved.
- The last piece I’ll mention is optional. Right now you can add relations by clicking the + icon on the table, and you don’t need to do anything else special because the context condition will link the EventRelation to the new event. However, if you’d like, you can also add a button that’s more obvious for adding relations. It will need a specific setup to work, though. The buttonset will need to be on the EventRelation model and it needs to have the same context condition as the EventRelation table. Then, you can add a button and have it create a new row in EventRelation and the new row should show on the table in your popup.