Bug Resolution Times

We have been evaluating Skuid for about one week.  It is amazing how much we were able to accomplish in this short time and we think the tool is very cool.  One big concern our development team shares with our executive team is related to bug resolution times and SLA’s.  Specifically, what happens if one of our customer opens a bug against our managed package and our developers believe the issue lies with Skuid.  I would be very interested to hear thoughts on this situation from Skuid Support and Skuid Users.  Thanks Jason.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Bug Resolution Times. We have been evaluating Skuid for about one week.  It is amazing how much we were able to accomplish in this short time and we think the tool is very cool.  One big concern our development team shares with our executive team is related to bug resolution times and SLA’s.  Specifically, what happens if one of our customer opens a bug against our managed package and our developers believe the issue lies with Skuid.  I would be very interested to hear thoughts on this situation from Skuid Support and Skuid Users.  Thanks Jason.

Hi Jason,

I think our EVP Engineering may chime in here too.

Our standard SLA is 2-business days for end-user subscriber issues. As you know, we typically exceed this, but we don’t commit to higher levels unless the customer purchases an enhanced level of support. So end-user customers can definitely purchase enhanced SLA services from Skuid directly.

We have two types of Ui Alliance partners: App Partner and Consulting Partner.

We require App Partners to support their end user customers for their own app + Skuid, and thus require an Advanced Skuid Certified person on staff at each App Partner. App Partners may choose to accept no discount on Skuid subscriptions if they want a higher level of SLA. But we prefer to train the App Partner and have them support end-users directly, as we do not have insight your vertical or into the specifics of how your app is built. 

Consulting Partners are also required to obtain a Skuid Certification per their desired level of partnership benefits. But a big difference for Consultants is that Skuid will still perform all end-user support for Skuid. For this reason, we do not offer referral fees or discounts to Consulting Partners, as they are essentially building custom Skuid solutions and handing off the ongoing end-user Skuid support to us.

I can’t speak for everyone, but my experience has been great. I’ve uncovered a few bugs myself. I haven’t encountered any major bugs myself. Mostly just things affected the building of pages experience. Usually there is a simple workaround if it’s user experience that it affects.

Hi Jason, here’s a recent thread from a fellow Skuid user who had a bug issue. I think it demonstrates the support from Skuid is above and beyond what many (or any) other companies are providing in this space. 

Our company also builds a managed package using Skuid, and I can honestly say the support is fantastic. It also happens to be very fast. They care about their product, and that’s what it comes down to.

Hi Jason -

Bar none, Skuid’s support is among the, if not the, best I’ve ever seen.  As the previous comments mention, the entire Skuid team is incredibly active in the community and committed to the success of their customers.  Have a look around the community and you’ll see how quickly they reply to questions/issues posted from customers.  I’d also encourage you to look through the community posts and Skuid’s appexchange page and you’ll see consistent praise for the level of support and customer service they provide.  Moreover, the community members themselves are extremely active helping other users, offering suggestions, ideas, alternative approaches.  In fact, a lot of the features that Skuid has today came from community members and their posts.

As Ken mentions and depending on your situation, a higher level of support agreement is always an option.  In the application that I’m building, we’ll have a large global rollout with over 80 custom objects and hundreds of Skuid pages.  I have all the confidence in the world that should a problem ever arise, Skuid will right there with me.

There is no doubt that Skuid is an amazing technical product, but what makes it leverageable in the enterprise are the people behind it.

At PractiFI, we’ve bet the house on Skuid’s product and their support. So far the house is looking awesome and we keep adding great new rooms and balconies each week.

Best tech partner I’ve had in 20 years in IT.

Thanks for your responses, fellows.  The next time my exec’s ask me about Skuid and bug resolution time then I am going to share some quotes like “At PractiFI…Best tech partner I’ve had in 20 years in IT” and “I can honestly say the support is fantastic. It also happens to be very fast. They care about their product, and that’s what it comes down to.”.  I value SLA details but I value feedback like this more.  I am really looking forward to skuidifying our package!