Attachment "View" Action for Page Include Component

Hello, I am creating a page to help our staff check information in our system again supporting documentation – the documentation is basically PDFs and images in a related Attachments list. What I’d like to do is to place the document and the fields to review side by side, on the same page, to facilitate review. The way I tried to set this up was: I created a model called ClientApplications that pulled the fields to be reviewed from the Salesforce record (filtered by ID from the page URL). I created a second model called ClientAppAttachments that contained all attachments where the parent ID was the ID of the record in the Attachment model. Finally, I arranged my model fields on the left side of the page and created queue on the right side of the page to list out all of my attachments. I tied this queue to a page include component with model type Attachment and action type View. Basically, I think I followed the instructions here: Page Not Found — Skuid v15.1.6 Documentation Layout: Queue Action: Page Include: Error Message: I also tried “/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file={{Model.ClientAppAttachments.}” for the query string and got the same error message. Does anyone have suggestions for how I can achieve the layout I’m going for? Thanks for your help! Regards, Aparna

Hello again - Just wanted to see if anyone had thoughts about this? Thanks! Aparna

Hi Aparna

Probably the reason this has been left unanswered is your use case filters are not too clear.  

Let me try and understand this a bit better:

1.  You have an object that contains PDF’s (How is this configured by lookup or Master Child or stand alone? - by ParentId/ AccountId/UserID?)
2.  You have an additional object with pictures? ((How is this configured by lookup or Master Child or stand alone? - by ParentId/ AccountId/UserID?)

What you need to do is look at the relationship between the objects and the data within. i.e. How can I show one picture and have it show another image that it is related to and by what relationship?

This you can do in a queue and use the ‘on click action’ (in the queue) to activate a model filter and refresh the model to show the related records.  This is just 1 way of many possibilities.  Let me know and I will help you further.