Table filter requery lock up if UI Only formula field using model lookup in model

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
I have a table that is linked to a model. The model has a UI Only formula that is a model lookup. If I use any table filter, it works fine. The problem is that if I try to then remove the table filter or update the table filter to another option, the whole table freezes until you reload the page. If I remove the UI only formula, it works again. I am on 10.0.5
Photo of Skuidward Tentacles (Raymond)

Skuidward Tentacles (Raymond), Champion

  • 17,224 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

  • 1
Photo of Stephen Sells

Stephen Sells, Official Rep

  • 16,856 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Do you have a reproduction page using standard objects that depicts this problem? Could you paste it's XML here?
Photo of Matt Sones

Matt Sones, Champion

  • 31,478 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Raymond,

A bit more detail here would help. What is the model lookup formula looking up to? Are the filters working client side or server side?
Photo of Skuidward Tentacles (Raymond)

Skuidward Tentacles (Raymond), Champion

  • 17,224 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Sorry.. I have been meaning to get back to this. It is a basic model on a custom object that has a UI only formula that looks up an alias from an aggregate model on a different custom object. I did not select either to run client side so I assume they are running server side. The look up works fine. Everything loads fine. I can sort or filter or search the table, BUT I can only do it once. If I remove or change a filter, sort, or search, it locks up on requery.
(Edited)
Photo of Matt Sones

Matt Sones, Champion

  • 31,478 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
The table and filters are on the basic model?

If you don't have the basic model after the agg model in your models list, try moving it down.
Photo of Matt Sones

Matt Sones, Champion

  • 31,478 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Also, any console errors?
Photo of Skuidward Tentacles (Raymond)

Skuidward Tentacles (Raymond), Champion

  • 17,224 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
The agg is before the basic and the filters are on the basic.
A couple of things:
-There are two UI only fields that look up to two separate Agg models.
-Matt hit it on the head with the console errors. I didn't thing to check. The error says that the basic model "has unsaved changes. To update this model's data, you must first save or cancel the changes."
The issue is that I have not made any changes to the model. I thought, "there must be a model action on requery", but there isn't. The. I looked at the model and realized it is set to not load records on page load which reminded me that I have the records load on tab click in the tabset. That is when I struck gold. I had an action in that tab click that updated a field and saved the model and the save was failing. I fixed that and now everything works great.
Thanks guys!
Photo of Matt Sones

Matt Sones, Champion

  • 31,478 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I love the flexibility to have actions generated everywhere, but it can get hard to troubleshoot when you can't remember where an action is being triggered. Nice sleuthing!