Selling an app with a Skuid layout

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Old Quetions

If i use SKUID to design a great layout for my app, will the app retain the formatting for when i sell it as an ISV to other salesforce users? or do they need a SKUID license as well in order to see the customizations?
Photo of Robert Bruski

Robert Bruski

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Ken McElrath

Ken McElrath, Official Rep

• 1,214 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Robert,

Every builder or consumer of a Skuid page will need a Skuid subscription. So when you deploy your app, you will also need to deploy Skuid (easy with a Trialforce org) or the customer can install Skuid from the AppExchange prior to installing your app.

Before Christmas, we're going to be doing a "Deep Dive" about how to do this.
Photo of David Forder

David Forder

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Is this posted anywhere as yet?
Photo of Rob Hatch

Rob Hatch, Official Rep

• 44,828 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
David - this is not yet posted.  We ran into some technical and timing challenges and have not completed this instructional video.  Sorry. 
Photo of Robert Bruski

Robert Bruski

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Ken,

I'd like to make the experience as seamless for my clients as possible.
I'd like them to install my app and along with it to install the skuid license, so that they don't have do two processes.
In addition I'd like for them to be able to see the skuid pages I've made and for them to use them, but i'd prefer for them not to have the ability to change them or create new ones using the skuid license that they obtain from the install.
Finally, i'd like them to only pay one invoice to me, from which i will pay skuid, so that they don't have to keep track of two vendors.
Is this possible?

Robert

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.